[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Too expensive!!!

Too expensive!!!

A boardgame of world domination

Too expensive!!!

Postby CodeGuru » Sat Oct 02, 2004 3:21 pm

Hey,

Does any think that the games are too expensive (no offence Sean)
I mean $20 is expensive. I know that $20 isn't much but u can buy better games with better graphics and more.

Just asking what do u think?

Thx :D
CodeGuru

Postby jcastro » Sat Oct 02, 2004 4:17 pm

Well I am sure there would be more enticed customers if the games were cheaper, but these games are quite addictive and Sean does most of the work on the games himself. I believe Sean also makes his living mostly from work he does programming, but I am not completely sure about that. If these games were like $10 each and like $25 or $30 for all, you would be that I'd buy multiple copies for me and my friends. But since it is $40 (or $45 for everything), I will probably just get them for me for now. Anyways, have a good day everyone.

, jcastro
jcastro

Postby BoxZone_Author » Sat Oct 02, 2004 9:49 pm

Actually, no I don't think these games are too expensive.

Given that thay are available with free try-before-you-buy only people who really enjoy them are going to buy them.
A movie comes at a price of over $2 an hour.
I have got way more than 20 hours of fun out of all the games and expect to get a lot more.
BoxZone_Author

price

Postby sid6.7 » Sun Oct 03, 2004 4:11 am

these games are cheap guys...go to the store and you'll
pay at least 20$ for any game...yes there are 10$ games
out there but few are any good...

sean has made alot of his games customizable which i believe
warrants the 20$ plus life time updates...alot of games do not
do this...

the networking can only be a plus too..
sid6.7

Postby jcastro » Sun Oct 03, 2004 6:03 pm

It would best if you got the $45 deal for everything. That is the best value by far. I would spend the extra $5 to get everything because I am thinking about purchasing a handheld PC (or whatever they are). Thus, I should most likely purchase this one. By the way, can you buy multiple licenses for these games if you have multiple computers in the house without having to pay $45 over?

I am not sure I agree about most games not allowing lifetime upgrades. However, there is both a right and wrong about this. Games that last long enough usually let you download free patches and upgrades from the site (then there are games like "The Sims" where you can do little with that, but the expansion packs give you FAR more than any upgrade). Usually these upgrades stop after a few years as the game gets old. That's the difference between those games and Sean's. So that's good on Sean's part.

One thing about networking is that, unfortunately, it is hard to find people who have the game and are able to play at the time. There are not many newbies either. There needs to be some way in which you can easily find players to play against. Does anyone know how to do this?

Respectfully, jcastro
jcastro

here

Postby sid6.7 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:54 am

go here for a list

www.cruzan.info goto hobby goto conquest

theres an encrypted page there with emails for playing
sid6.7

Postby UGMC » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:44 pm

Sadly, I have to continue on that this game is too expensive. Warfare incorporated, another GREAT game for just about any handheld, caught my attention all summer. And at $30, that was a good deal. It was extensive with graphics, plot, etc. It also had multiplayer play over bluetooth and internet.

Although I've tucked Warfare away, and although I've played the demo conquest about 200 times, I think $20 is far too high. I must admit, it is a good game to be created by only one person. However, lowering the price $10 dollars would be wise, I think. Most of the other software sold at places like Pocket Gear go for less than ten, and I do believe they are of equivilant value.

Another feature of Warfare I loved... level editor. I like the way you can make your own maps in Conquest. I even made one of my own, although I was unable to test it. Please, if not for my sake, make the game cheaper so others can play my level.
UGMC

Postby BoxZone_Author » Tue Oct 05, 2004 8:25 pm

How very sad. :(

You've played the demo 200 times! and still don't think the game is worth $20!
Just think how much better the last 195 games would have been if you'd forked out 10 cents per game!
BoxZone_Author

Postby UGMC » Tue Oct 05, 2004 11:20 pm

200 times is an exaggeration, probably. And if I forked out ten cents every time I played the game, I'd delete it from my PPC. Still, I think $20 is too much considering what else there is out there.

And, Warring States I played at least 2000 times. And it's freeware.
UGMC

price

Postby sid6.7 » Wed Oct 06, 2004 4:01 am

guess your stuck with warring states game then...
sid6.7

Postby UGMC » Thu Oct 07, 2004 12:36 am

UGMC

Postby BoxZone_Author » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:43 pm

BoxZone_Author

Postby UGMC » Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:42 pm

UGMC

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Oct 08, 2004 6:01 am

Sean OConnor

software development... who pays for it?

Postby JFowler11 » Fri Oct 08, 2004 8:32 am

JFowler11

Next

Return to Conquest