[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - War has ended!

War has ended!

Real time World War II combat simulation

War has ended!

Postby Stickie NorCal » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:21 pm

Well, I just finished my first campaign, start to finish. 81 missions with an excellent rating.

Sean- Any chance people can get promoted throughout the course of the war?

As an American, I only had one mission that was defensive, so I learned that I am still clueless with the artillery. I'm going to give it a go with some French troops.

Thanks everyone for all the advice!
Stickie NorCal

Postby Tim_Myth » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:13 pm

I remember reading in one of the threads that promotions were a bit unreasonable because for example you would never see a general commanding such a small force.

My opinion on artillery is that it is pretty much wasted on infantry unless you can squeeze 20+ enemy troops into the circle. It will suppress their fire quite well, so if you need to get someone into position but can't because of enemy troops it might be useful, but I reserve it solely for tanks and field guns.
- Yesterday's Traditions, Tomorrow's Technology.
Tim_Myth

Postby Quitch » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:22 pm

Quitch

Postby Andy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:00 pm

mine tend to charge during the 2nd ish barrage, stopping themselves at the 3rd cos theyre too close. that or i tell them to move as the 3rd is incoming, and they sit until the other lot are unsupressed, and then have a go. same with smoke, its annoying
________
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

Postby Quitch » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:43 pm

Quitch

Postby Big Red One » Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:49 am

Big Red One

Postby pedroski » Wed Mar 28, 2007 12:49 pm

Artillery smashes infantry many of the men that don't die will become imoble.
pedroski

Postby TheKangaroo » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:44 pm

Indeed, but in the old version most of the infantry used to survive the barrage.
TheKangaroo

Return to Firefight