Multiplayer...how do i do this then?

Conquer the island
Garpy

Multiplayer...how do i do this then?

Post by Garpy » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:29 am

First off, I've paid and enabled multiplayer with the licence code.

Right...I'm a bit confused. Do I need to know the IP number of another human player to get to play with them? If so...where can I find the IP addresses of all the other SLAY players out there?

Is this multilayer function only available over a LAN or is it available over the internet...I hope the latter.

I was kinda hoping I'd find some lobby/chat room somewhere full of Slay players waiting to have a game...instead it seems I need to already know the players, their IP addresses, and have to arrange with them a time and date to get together and play.

hmmm

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:40 pm

There are several players who occasionally get together. If you want to try out a network game, send me an email to:

slay (at) selectedplants.com

It would help if you have yahoo messenger loaded. We use it to set up the initial game and then use the Slay internal chat board during play.

You can use network play as either a server or as a client. One person must always be the server and up to 5 other players act as clients. More people than that can connect and view the game but they are not players. To be a server, you must know your IP address. This is not hard to find, most of the time, Slay will report it when you initiate the Slay server. The exception to this is if you are behind a firewall or a router that does not pass through its IP. Generally speaking, the server should be on a machine that has a broadband connection. This is not absolute though, Slay will play pretty well over a modem connection.

Fusion

collier

Post by collier » Wed Nov 03, 2004 11:12 pm

Darrel, our group has been lax about getting together for network Slay lately. Perhaps this inquiry from a new player will give us the opportunity to get together more often. I'm up for a game or two just about any time.

Regards,
Mark

sid6.7

web site

Post by sid6.7 » Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:52 am

this list is small but go here

www.cruzan.info goto hobby link goto conquest link

both the slay and conquest emails lists
are there...

email me there if you want to be included...

dont worry i encrypt the email page so it cant be
spammed-roboted...
if you run..you'll only die tired

highlandsun

Post by highlandsun » Wed Nov 10, 2004 11:15 am

Hm, I gotta get into a multiplayer session. Nowadays I wind up playing till I control the majority of the island, and then I sit and wait for the other computer players to beat each other up. Sometimes I watch two computer players fight each other for 50+ turns before I finally sweep in and kill everything. (By then I've amassed thousands of $$. Oh, I actually have watched the money counter max out at 32767 and flip to zero, killing all of my army in the process.)