future upgrades

A boardgame of world domination
wsraider

future upgrades

Post by wsraider » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:28 am

I just discovered this game and I love it. My credit card is out and I'm about to buy it. I just have one quick question.
Does my purchase entitle me to all future updates? I ask because version 3 was released last year, and I don't want to buy Conquest today, and have version 4.0 come out next week, and then have to buy it again.

Thanks in advance.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:34 pm

While (understandably) Sean doesn't want to promise to offer free upgrads for all time (as he can't predict the future any better than anyone else) he has given upgrades in the past and has not mentioned any intent to stop doing so.
Therefore if you buy version 3 today, the probability of getting version 4 free if and when it comes out is good.

However version 3 is a sufficietnly good game I would encourage you to buy it without worrying about version 4, as I don't see a need for an upgrade!

BZA
Last edited by BoxZone_Author on Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:53 am

That's right! I think it's cheeky to charge people to upgrade when I should have had all those new features and bugs fixed in the first place.