Island #64 - The Babymaker

Conquer the island
Garnier

Post by Garnier » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:29 pm

Here goes Im probably going to win my game(very clever, 64, challenge, v4.2). The trick is to place fortresses on the top and right settlements, so they dont get taken for a long time, this delays the foes, and then to drive with all force to take that south-western peninsulah. Lets see if I win now :arrow:

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:39 pm

Ok I won in 38 turns.

IMADV8

Post by IMADV8 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:41 pm

I'm on 4.0d, and I just got a surrender at 28 days, on very clever, on my first try.
Dark Tower: The Last Free Board on GameFAQs
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentop ... ard=580017
Have you accepted Rasputin as your personal savior? http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentop ... ard=579765: The Official Rasputin Board

IMADV8

Post by IMADV8 » Sat Oct 15, 2005 2:50 pm

I ignored the surrender, took out the last enemy territory on day 31, and took the last hexagon on day 32.
Dark Tower: The Last Free Board on GameFAQs
http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentop ... ard=580017
Have you accepted Rasputin as your personal savior? http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/gentop ... ard=579765: The Official Rasputin Board

highlandsun

Post by highlandsun » Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:10 am

I just had a devil of a time playing #3358 as player 6. Took me 4-5 times at least. Players 1, 3, and 4 seem to have huge advantages...

collier

Post by collier » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:35 pm

Once you figured it out, how many turns did it take you to win without surrender?

axel

Post by axel » Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:00 am

I'm a little confused here. How can you choose which player to play? I'm always player 1.

Aaedien

Yay. I'm a newb. And not good at this game. -_-

Post by Aaedien » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:26 pm

axel wrote:I'm a little confused here. How can you choose which player to play? I'm always player 1.

Friendly Games. And it's random which spot you get (I think).

Day 24, Clever, got Surrender, Challenge, didn't 'sell' any units back, first try, and continuing.

Day 27, Clever, Annihilated, Challenge, didn't 'sell' any units back, first try, finished last territory with a capital one day previous to this.

Oh, and I just bought Slay 2 days ago. <_<

Warmaster

Post by Warmaster » Thu Sep 14, 2006 12:03 am

Anyone know of something equally as hard or close on version 1? I haven't bothered to ask Sean for a newer version.

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:00 am

I just beat #64 in 23 days without much difficulty. It was a variation of the method I used to get my previous 24 day best time.

As always, I do not accept surrender so this was fought out to the bitter end.

Fusion

DanaeKC

Post by DanaeKC » Fri Feb 16, 2007 1:29 am

BoxZone_Author wrote:The best anyone has sent me so far (to my lowest slay scores webpage at
http://www.btinternet.com/~boxzone/Othe ... nkings.htm
) was Mielus in 21 days.

that's an interesting link. thank you for putting the work into it. i felt great that i was able to get island 1 (the demo island) from 40+ days to 20, accepting surrender (I don't do mop up duties, because mop up duties turns into toying with the enemy AI, for me). but your link says seth wagoner beat it in 12 days. i am flabbergasted. i'd love to have seen the screen shots of those days. that is wow.

bucketgirl

Post by bucketgirl » Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:58 am

I've been working on this for a long time. I just beat it in 50 days. Basically from the outset, I found that making some illogical, unprotected moves in the lower right hand corner made the absolute difference this time. I was able to join the territories and conquer that lower portion and then cut yellow/orange/gold in half (I play on distinct colors) repeatedly until I could finally conquer the upper half by holding the lower half down with knights.

I made some mistakes (having total troop death for one turn) so I'm sure this can be improved upon, but the basic way to get a foothold is that lower left hand corner. Use the man with the tree infected territory to hold the "neck" of that island regardless of the trees.

Good luck!

Bryce

Post by Bryce » Wed Nov 21, 2007 3:02 am

I see this topic is fairly old, but I just tried the above named island. I was wondering, is it #64 on v5.0? I just beat it 1st try (albeit 34 days) so I'd guess it must be something else?

arebelspy

Post by arebelspy » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:54 am

bucketgirl wrote:I've been working on this for a long time. I just beat it in 50 days. Basically from the outset, I found that making some illogical, unprotected moves in the lower right hand corner made the absolute difference this time. I was able to join the territories and conquer that lower portion and then cut yellow/orange/gold in half (I play on distinct colors) repeatedly until I could finally conquer the upper half by holding the lower half down with knights.

I made some mistakes (having total troop death for one turn) so I'm sure this can be improved upon, but the basic way to get a foothold is that lower left hand corner. Use the man with the tree infected territory to hold the "neck" of that island regardless of the trees.

Good luck!

Thank you!

I had won every level on the hardest setting (4.2e), but could not beat level 64. Every icon on the select a level screen was a soldier with a sword, except the one cross (grave). I could NOT beat this. But your strategy worked perfectly, and I finally beat this $&^#^$ level! :D

Huzzah!

manicman

Post by manicman » Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:09 pm

31 days no surrender for current version. I managed to turn that very bottom 2 space territory into a five space territory with a castle guarding it. Then link it up with the next territory up and you will win.