Too expensive!!!

A boardgame of world domination
Quitch

Post by Quitch » Fri Jul 08, 2005 10:07 pm

Heh, over the years I'be bought the "all the games" package twice, maybe three times, and I've bought at least three of the games by themselves at various points. They're games I can keep coming back to again and again and I'm happy to have helped fun Sean make more :)

Firefight is gobsmackingly good, even more so when you consider it's pretty much a one man job.

qwas

Post by qwas » Sat Jul 09, 2005 6:00 am

It's good that the pound is coming closer to the dollar (weakening)
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2

zohaer21

Post by zohaer21 » Wed Oct 12, 2005 3:05 am

hi
let me say something...
i paid 20 bucks for pocket conquest...which is totally worth it..
but im not getting my moneys worth coz its been over a year we havent had an update for the ppc version... so as far as support goes for 20 buck ..it sucks... (the reason for update being asked is )the game runs too slowwww on vga devices)
and sean...no offence but ive been BEGGING on these forums for a vga version of the game (to which you replied there arent many ppc owners of the game with VGA) to which i reply if it doesnt run properly on vga devices why would any one buy it??? and secondly and more importantly given my consistency for asking a vga enabled conquest ...take that into consideration and please release a vga version soon
please pretty please :lol:

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Thu Oct 13, 2005 2:02 am

Haha, that was hilarious. You go from serious complaint to begging in the same post. I prefer the latter as it's more fun to watch!

socks

Post by socks » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:22 pm

Quite simply - these games are well worth the money, especially the complete package. Whilst games on general release often promise more, they so often fail to deliver. Sean's games are built around solid logicical foundation which makes them so playable.

Whilst there is a close comparison between some of seans games and larger scale releases ie

critical mass - continuum
firefight - close combat
conquest - risk
the general - whatever it was called back then, bingo or something

seans games still have a lot of integrity and if he ever gets the chance to expand his production he could well be the next sid mier, keep them coming

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:55 pm

socks wrote:
the general - whatever it was called back then, bingo or something

stratego
if you run..you'll only die tired

Synovio

Cost effective to the max!

Post by Synovio » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:52 pm

I can drop a twenty in a Vegas slot durin' an instant replay..20 US dollars is way cheap when you consider the hours of enjoyment you can obtain playing this great game of strategy. Obviously a lot of work went into it..you can't deny the man a profit for his time and trouble..spring for the twenty..then set up a game that I can join! I'll take yer mind off finances..when I roll all over you in the game!

Lennard Feddersen

indie game development

Post by Lennard Feddersen » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:40 pm

It doesn't make any financial sense to reduce the price. $20 isn't very much money, you are either going to buy the game or not. Indie game development isn't very glamorous or profitable but making good games is a time consuming endeavour. If you want to have alternatives to what the big developers and their big budgets are putting out then supporting Sean is the right choice. If you think Sean is getting rich having a lot of fun then, it's a free market and you should make a better game. If you do then please add a strong lobby component and you will likely get my sheckels as well.

my 2 cents.