Couple questions

Real time World War II combat simulation
rich12545

Couple questions

Post by rich12545 » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:48 pm

Hi, can you please tell me if there's a hot key for the control panel?
Also, have you considered a zoom showing maybe 50-75% more of the playing area?

Sean OConnor

Re: Couple questions

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:30 am

rich12545 wrote:Hi, can you please tell me if there's a hot key for the control panel?

That's a good suggestion and I've made F1 the hotkey for doing that. Send me an email and I'll give you the link for the latest version (3.0b)

Also, have you considered a zoom showing maybe 50-75% more of the playing area?

That would be nice and I'll have a think about it. It'd be a fair bit of work though...

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:01 pm

Been looking at the scale more closely and it's really about right. Zooming it out more would make the units too small. Being easily able to switch the control panel on off will be a big help.

Couple more questions.
Why does the commander's white square sometimes blink?
What do the different tracer colored lines mean? Are there certain colors for the main gun of a tank and other colors for small arms for example?
I saw a couple of enemy with a purple circle but mostly my guys seemed to fire at enemy that I couldn't see. Is that normal? Or were those lines the enemy firing at my guys?

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Nov 26, 2004 3:07 pm

rich12545 wrote:Been looking at the scale more closely and it's really about right. Zooming it out more would make the units too small.

You might be right there.

Being easily able to switch the control panel on off will be a big help.

In the next version you can hit F1 to switch the control panel on and off.

Why does the commander's white square sometimes blink?

The blinking man is "you".

What do the different tracer colored lines mean? Are there certain colors for the main gun of a tank and other colors for small arms for example?

Yellow for your shots, red for the enemy and purple for all sorts of tank shells, bazookas etc...

I saw a couple of enemy with a purple circle but mostly my guys seemed to fire at enemy that I couldn't see. Is that normal? Or were those lines the enemy firing at my guys?

Yes, your troops are just firing at where they spotted enemy muzzle flashes from. They can't shoot very accurately as they don't know exactly where the enemy is but they will put down some suppresive fire.

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Fri Nov 26, 2004 9:16 pm

OK. I sent you an email for the link, along with a few more questions. :?