Resolution Question for Sean

Real time World War II combat simulation
rich12545

Resolution Question for Sean

Post by rich12545 » Tue Nov 30, 2004 5:40 pm

I've found that this game works best when I set the resolution at 1280x1024. I mentioned that in another post. Problem is that it makes other games like Slay and Conquest too small. Constantly changing the screen resolution back and forth would be a pain so I've been thinking of possible solutions.
1. Is there a way to force this game to open at a resolution different from my screen resolution, maybe put a parameter in the shortcut or something?
2. How easy would it be to implement the zoom system from moab? I'm not a programmer but it seems almost like code could be copied from one and then pasted in the other.
3. Or maybe you have another idea?

Here also are a few questions I had in another thread:

How is the difference worked out in the difficulty levels? More/less points? Smarter ai?

How much damage does an off board bombardment do to a squad. Does it usually wipe it out or just maybe cause one-two injuries with suppression?

How does morale work? How does suppression work in the game?

Thanks very much. I really like your games.

Sean OConnor

Re: Resolution Question for Sean

Post by Sean OConnor » Wed Dec 01, 2004 10:18 am

rich12545 wrote:1. Is there a way to force this game to open at a resolution different from my screen resolution, maybe put a parameter in the shortcut or something?

I don't think that's possible to do in Windows, unless I start using DirectX and using the full screen which isn't something I want to do.

2. How easy would it be to implement the zoom system from moab? I'm not a programmer but it seems almost like code could be copied from one and then pasted in the other.

It's done in MoaB by having 4 completely different sets of graphics. That's fairly easy in MoaB because there is a fairly limited set of graphics. It would be a lot more complicated than just copying and pasting some code!

How is the difference worked out in the difficulty levels? More/less points? Smarter ai?

The enemy just starts with more or fewer "credits" to buy his troops.

How much damage does an off board bombardment do to a squad. Does it usually wipe it out or just maybe cause one-two injuries with suppression?

I guess you mean the artillery? Depends how close the shell lands. It can kill, injure or just scare the pants of people.

How does morale work? How does suppression work in the game?

The more scary things that happen to a soldier, the more his morale drops. It does recover, but only slowly. Men get suppressed if enough fire lands close by.