[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Best Critical Mass Commanders - View / Submit / Compare

Best Critical Mass Commanders - View / Submit / Compare

Command a squadron of spaceships

a possible equation

Postby n-drx » Wed Dec 28, 2005 7:11 am

we could take into account the following things:

- ratio of successful missions, S / (S + F) (Old Man Johnson, qwas, umeboshi110)
- total # of missions, S + F (Old Man Johnson), or absolute number of successes, S (TheKangaroo, umeboshi110)
- kills, K, or average kills per mission, K / (S + F), or both (qwas, umeboshi110)
- # of medals, GC, MoOC, MoCB, MoH (Old Man Johnson, qwas, umeboshi110)

an expression which gives the total value of the medals, using the right value in game credits for each medal, is:
M = GC * 8 + MoOC * 4 + MoCB * 2 + MoH; also, let's call T = S / (S + F).

an index like T*M wouldn't work well: if the number of successes is 0, also the index will be 0 not taking into account the medals; same if a commander has no medals. but we could use:
CPI = (T + 1) * (M + 1) - 1 (Commanders Performance Index)
which doesn't consider the absolute number of missions nor the kills yet.

if we sort the commanders in the BoxZone_Author Best Commanders Page (http://www.btinternet.com/~boxzone/Othe ... anders.htm) with this index, we'll notice that the CPI is more or less proportional to the number of kills... :D
so, i think there's not an actual need to include the kills into the CPI. also, i'm still not sure about the need to include an absolute number of missions into the index.

Last edited by n-drx on Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
n-drx

Postby qwas » Wed Dec 28, 2005 8:26 am

I wish I knew that much maths...

...???

WHERE IS UNIVERSITY WHEN I NEED IT?
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2
qwas

Exhaustive CPI

Postby n-drx » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:32 am

lol... i guess i went a little bit too far with this... :roll:
but, there's not so much math in these formulas...

well... anyway... i got a new idea! :D

the number of credits available to a given commander is:
C = GC * 8 + MoOC * 4 + MoCB * 2 + MoH + S * 4 + 350

so let's define the Exhaustive CPI as:
:arrow: ECPI = (T + 1) * C - 350

i find this one slightly better, but let me know what do you think...
n-drx

Postby ima_gnu » Thu Dec 29, 2005 4:30 am

dudem I love math. As a double major in calculus and physics, I am delighted to find someone who loves to express stuf mathematically as much as I do. I convert everything to equations and probabilities, drives my family nuts.
I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby qwas » Thu Dec 29, 2005 7:21 am

Im good at maths, I'm just too young to understand n-drx.
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2
qwas

Postby BoxZone_Author » Sun Jan 08, 2006 9:43 pm

We have a new leader on the top of the table.
Talv takes first place from Scuffer
BoxZone_Author

Postby ima_gnu » Sun Jan 08, 2006 10:44 pm

my commander just died and I exited, if he would either get his butt onto the ROH or let me open the mission to finish it, I'd submit it, he'll blow your GC numbers out of the water, I think. Unfotunately, he is stuck between this world and the machine world, and I dont know how to get to him.
I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby Guanchao » Tue Jan 24, 2006 1:49 am

As commanders go, I got the luckiest run ever...

I just recorded down the info a while ago, maybe 30 minutes.

Commander Name: Lord Red [R]
Total Missions: 488
Total Kills : 2403
Total Success: 440
Total Success Rate: 90.2%

Medals: *Thanks for the Reader by the way*
Medal of Honor: 139
Conspicuous Bravery: 184
Outstanding Courage: 116
Gold Cross: 49 (Incidentally, GC is also my initial for real name

Race: Ryckurn (Noted by either an R, S, M, or Z at the end of the name--my idead of an addon when creating a new commander.

Reason of Death (still remembers it) death due to heavy fire and ejection into a Turret Super, who was still shooting into my dead carcass of a ship at that time.
Mission of Death: Custom Design: Destroy all incoming enemy ships as well as infiltrated base, and protect the available Structures.
Ships used: 7 SacredFires.

For those who doubt me, don't. I never lie in factual information.
I should include a picture when i get the chance.
I live, I fight, I survive, It's all good.
Guanchao

Postby BoxZone_Author » Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:19 pm

and Ekij takes the top spot with 31 Gold Crosses.

PS: Guanchao, if you want me to place that commander you need to submit your RollOfHonour file.
BoxZone_Author

Postby Garnier » Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:12 pm

BZA, do you accept commanders who used custom missions?
Garnier

Postby EA6B » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:58 am

EA6B

Previous

Return to Critical Mass