Can't seem to use custom ships

Command a squadron of spaceships
rev-dude

Can't seem to use custom ships

Post by rev-dude » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:30 pm

What do I have to do to use the ships I designed? I made the ship but it isn't showing up in the missions. Any answers for that?

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Wed Dec 08, 2004 7:46 pm

What version are you using?

I'll presume that you are using the latest version. If so, what is the cost of your custom ship? The way it works is that you won't be presented with any ships that cost more than 1/3 of the total $ you have to buy ships with. If a custom ship costs more, then you have a problem.

Fusion

rev-dude

Ship design

Post by rev-dude » Wed Dec 08, 2004 8:07 pm

Thanks for your quick post...yep that did it. I am using the latest version. Where did you learn the 1/3 bit? I haven't seen a whole lot of actual technical info in the help file.

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Thu Dec 09, 2004 5:02 am

I did a bit of beta testing when Sean was developing the latest version. Among other things, was able to try the game out with various levels from 1/2, 1/3, etc. for the ratio of ship cost vs money available. The final decision was Seans but I have to admit its works pretty well. The old version allowed you to buy a huge custom ship right at the start which pretty much ensured you would survive for a huge number of missions. With the new version, you have to really be on your toes to get past the 20th mission.

Fusion