Bug with "question marks"?

A boardgame of world domination
desant

Bug with "question marks"?

Post by desant » Thu Feb 02, 2006 6:53 am

Hi, have been playing for a while - great game. Just installed the Pocket PC version 2.0 (purchased full version). Now I get question marks instead of the colors on the territories and the armies numbers show just 1 no matter what I do.

I tried cleaning up, uninstalling and reinstalling - does not help. Any advice? I am using Pocket PC 2003 version. Thanks

desant

Post by desant » Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:00 am

More data points. The version I bought is a part of 3 games in pocket game package or something along these lines that I purchased for $30.00. Now if I uninstall the full version and install the free version of Pocket Conquest, it works great - even though I am limited in options to one game. If I uninstall the free version and install the full version, I get the same bug with question marks and no game. Please help.

Sean OConnor

Re: Bug with "question marks"?

Post by Sean OConnor » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:06 am

desant wrote:Hi, have been playing for a while - great game. Just installed the Pocket PC version 2.0 (purchased full version). Now I get question marks instead of the colors on the territories and the armies numbers show just 1 no matter what I do.

I tried cleaning up, uninstalling and reinstalling - does not help. Any advice? I am using Pocket PC 2003 version. Thanks

It's not a bug, it's just a feature that you don't get with the free version! In the free version you are randomly assigned territories at the beginning of a game, but in the full version you can choose whether to have this or to choose your own territories at the beginning (click on the "Rules" button in the New Game dialog box). If you select to choose your own territories then an unassigned territory will be drawn with a question mark on it. Just click on one of those territories to make it yours.

desant

Post by desant » Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:47 pm

Thanks Sean. You are rgiht. :) Being in software industry, when I first read tht "it is a feature", I started smiling sarcastically, because that is what Dev folks call bugs. But in this case, it is truly a feature, I mean enhancement.

Very nice game though, very addictive!

Thanks,
Gary