Extremely Noob Question

Command a squadron of spaceships
Fardog

Extremely Noob Question

Post by Fardog » Thu Feb 02, 2006 10:52 pm

Okay, I can't figure out once a mission is given where the mission is, i.e. where the bad guys are. I look at the scanner and it shows my ships in blue surrounded by a grey rectangle. But when it says go to the fuel depot, or guard the neutral zone, or attack ships, I don't see where they are. I must be missing something very simple. :(

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:03 pm

That's part of the fun of the game. You gotta go out and "hunt" the enemy down. One of the best ways to do this is to make sure you have at least one "scout" unit in your fleet. Also, spreading your wingmen into a line with lots of space also is likely to guarantee you spotting the enemy. You should look at the ships AND the mission objective before you just go out and play. If it is one where you need to find something, make sure your ships have radars... the more the merrier! If it is one big battle mission, that's another story. Heh heh.
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Fardog

Post by Fardog » Fri Feb 03, 2006 12:21 am

Thanks Fighter-Ace. That explains it. Do I perceive having played a few missions and reading over everything that designing your own ships is a lot of the fun too?

These ships are not "mods" in the normal sense of the word, but is actually part of the game, right?

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Fri Feb 03, 2006 5:45 am

Yeah, custom ships add whole new aspects to the game! You can customize your ship to how it fits you best. And yes, the feature is "built-in". There is no real "modding" like you normally would. I even have a site full of custom ships by me and other players.

http://www.geocities.com/fighter_ace_bo ... _share.htm

Just don't send me in any right now. I kinda put that job of mine into "sleep" mode. I've been rather busy lately and, for some reason, just haven't wound time :cry: .

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:17 pm

Fighter_Ace wrote:Just don't send me in any right now. I kinda put that job of mine into "sleep" mode. I've been rather busy lately and, for some reason, just haven't wound time :cry: .

I know how you feel. I used to run a Critical MAss Weekly game but I had to abandon it after I had too much to do!
Last edited by Old Man Johnson on Sun Feb 05, 2006 5:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
My webcomic:

Fighter_Ace

Post by Fighter_Ace » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:39 pm

Yeah, it's like, it just consumes so much time typing in all that HTML, trying to snap near perfect shots, and checking my email constantly. Heh, I'm always feeling like, "What?! Three hours have gone by?! That's impossible, I've only been on for three minutes!!!" Maybe sometime again in the future, but for now, life just feels too complicated as it is :lol: .

P.S. Sorry for the typo. I meant "I haven't found time."