[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Hints and tips

Hints and tips

Real time World War II combat simulation

Hints and tips

Postby Andywoolnough » Tue Dec 07, 2004 4:25 pm

I seem to be as tactically inept as Lord Cardigan at the Battle of Balaclava, especially when defending. Any hints and tips of what you guys find work would be gratefully received - I've been shot so many times as my command disintegrates around me I'm starting to feel paranoid every time I hear German accents!
Andywoolnough

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:43 am

You might want to start by selecting "File", "New Game" and setting the difficulty level to "Very Easy". According to another post in this forum, the only thing affected by the difficulty setting is the size of the enemy force.

In the assault, the key is to get your fire support in place before advancing. In defence, to be honest, your guess is as good as mine. So far, I've only fought one defensive battle. After 3/4 of an hour, the few men I had left were pushed off the objective, although I had managed to take out about as much as I lost as well as three tanks. The computer rated my performance as "adequate" so I guess that means I wasn't a complete disaster, even if I felt like one :lol:

Postby Andywoolnough » Wed Dec 08, 2004 11:29 am

Thanks! So basically the whole game revolves around sitting still and shelling the bejeesas out of anything that moves? Hmmm, that'll be fun.
Andywoolnough

Postby rich12545 » Wed Dec 08, 2004 4:22 pm

When doing defense try setting up fields of fire on two sides, defilade, and killing zones. Try setting up your units in woods/towns and steering the attackers to open fields where you can hit them with artillery.
rich12545

Postby Andy Brown » Wed Dec 08, 2004 9:51 pm

Andy Brown

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:38 pm

Postby Quitch » Thu Dec 16, 2004 10:16 pm

I think the problem that occurs during defence is you see what you should hold, then sort of place your troops around it, thus you've already let the enemy encircle you. As said above, set up killing zones, but also know where your troops will be falling back to should they end up bearing the brunt of the assault, and have support ready to cover this retreat.

During the campaign I found the defences much harder than the assaults :)
Quitch

Hints and tips

Postby Andywoolnough » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:10 am

Andywoolnough

Postby Greatgraddage » Fri Dec 17, 2004 8:46 pm

Greatgraddage

Postby Quitch » Fri Dec 17, 2004 10:53 pm

Quitch

Hints and tips

Postby Guest » Mon Dec 20, 2004 5:22 pm

Postby Quitch » Tue Jan 04, 2005 8:51 am

Quitch