[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Size matters.

Size matters.

Command a squadron of spaceships

Size matters.

Postby cavemaniac1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 1:11 pm

The one thing that we learn from history is that we don't learn from history...
cavemaniac1

Postby Bob Janova » Tue Feb 21, 2006 2:08 pm

I think the size of the ship (as used for missile hits and collisions) is related to the mass of the ship and not to the position of its component triangles. Certainly if you make a ship with no triangles, you still hit things and can be shot down.
Bob Janova

Postby ima_gnu » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:42 pm

Correct. As far as impacts go, its the mass of your ship that matters, not its physical size. Also, I'm going to feel free here to correct you, we did have a part of a thread where we discussed this very topic. Pretty much that is the conclusion we drew, though. I have some custom ships called Wee Fighter, Wee Bomber, and Weeye. They are physically tiny ships, but I notice that I will hit an asteroid when I should have gone past it. So ya. :P
I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby cavemaniac1 » Tue Feb 21, 2006 5:12 pm

The one thing that we learn from history is that we don't learn from history...
cavemaniac1

Postby ima_gnu » Tue Feb 21, 2006 6:56 pm

I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby Bob Janova » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:34 pm

Bob Janova

Postby Fusion_power » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:41 am

Fusion_power

Postby ima_gnu » Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:12 am

I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby TheKangaroo » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:14 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby Steve! » Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:29 pm

Steve!

Postby Guanchao » Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:30 pm

The entire point of having custom designed ship sizes and custom fillings are that to make the entire game more functional. If size is determined by the equipment a ship has, then there wouldn't be as much fun.

That aside, I would love a concept of cutting--a ship ramming a much smaller ship and that smaller ship taking either damage according to the speed lost or DIE; it would make killing enemies much easier.

And yes, I do realize it's ability to kill friendlies.
I live, I fight, I survive, It's all good.
Guanchao

Return to Critical Mass