[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Question about game file

Question about game file

Command a squadron of spaceships

Question about game file

Postby birdman187 » Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:41 am

is there a way to make games with dead commanders still work?
I kill those softy fools. Long live the NWO
birdman187

Postby BoxZone_Author » Wed Mar 01, 2006 1:06 am

Is your question "Is there a way to bring dead commanders back to life?"

If so the answer is Yes, but it's complicated, involves hacking about and is considered "cheating" by Sean and most of the remainder of the CM community.
BoxZone_Author

Postby wolfdog187 » Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:19 am

how do you do it?
________
Last edited by wolfdog187 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolfdog187

Postby ima_gnu » Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:41 am

I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby Zephyr » Wed Mar 01, 2006 6:43 pm

Dinosaurs aren't extinct, they're just hiding behind things.
Kangaroos are just mice standing much closer to you.
Zephyr

Postby Fuzzy Wonky » Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:02 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
-- --
Fuzzy Wonky

Postby ima_gnu » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:01 am

Does that make me a dead commander?
I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby wolfdog187 » Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:44 am

thenhow do you do it. i dont care if it spoils the game
________
Last edited by wolfdog187 on Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
wolfdog187

Postby n-drx » Thu Mar 02, 2006 3:54 am

n-drx

Postby ima_gnu » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:51 am

I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby n-drx » Thu Mar 02, 2006 4:59 am

n-drx

Postby Zephyr » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:35 am

Dinosaurs aren't extinct, they're just hiding behind things.
Kangaroos are just mice standing much closer to you.
Zephyr

Postby aaarrrggghhh » Thu Mar 02, 2006 11:24 pm

aaarrrggghhh

Postby Old Man Johnson » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:51 am

Well at first you die a lot, sure, and it gets frustrating, but the point is that then you try really hard not to die. If you could simply resurrect dead commanders then the game would lose a lot of its fun. You would simply play a commander to like mission 250 then stop playing the game because every time it would be the same.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby aaarrrggghhh » Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:17 am

I HAVE been trying really hard not to die, but short of ejecting the moment I see enemies it only works for so long.
Some of us dont have a whole lot of time to play, and would like to actually make it past mission 25 sometime this year.
Now maybe being able to reload dead commanders from saved games would be less fun for YOU, but no ones forcing you to, however I'd find it more fun to be able to, so why should I be denied that because you wouldn't enjoy it?
aaarrrggghhh

Next

Return to Critical Mass