Editing Missions Bug

Command a squadron of spaceships
Mangin

Editing Missions Bug

Post by Mangin » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:40 am

Hi there,

Big fan of the games suite - bought it way back in 2003 and it's definitely been money well spent. Excellent work Sean! :)

Critical Mass is quite possibly my favorite. It's really hard to find fault with this game, but there's one tiny thing I've noticed: in the mission editor, specifying desired ship types for a given non-human squadron seems to have no effect (same bug in 3.0 if I recall).

For instance, on many occasions I try to edit the War mission squadrons so that one side has ships of class A while the other is solely equipped with class B vessels. However, in every single case, when I run the mission my instructions are ignored: the ships turn out the very way you'd expect if you had instead specified "Random" for ship type.

Has anyone else noticed this when editing missions, or am I doing something wrong? I know it's such a small bug, but it would be nice to be able to have a massive inter-class battle, say X squadrons of Snakes vs Y squadrons of Birds of Prey.

The Truth Strikes Back

Post by The Truth Strikes Back » Sun Mar 05, 2006 5:14 am

Yes, it seems you suffer from a minute form of Mental Retardation. Not to worry, many users o this message board such as Old Fag Johnson have this disease but in a larger quantity. I suggest you delete the games from your Pc and move on, or you will end up a loser like Johnson.

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Sun Mar 05, 2006 9:15 am

lmfao, meet...The Truth.

I dunno man, I havent made a mission like that in a while, but I do vaguely remember that problem. I dont know how to rectify it.
I poop, therefore I am.

Garnier

Post by Garnier » Sun Mar 05, 2006 1:18 pm

The Truth is a prowling bored person who tries to mess up other people because he hasnt been as successful as them at not being bored. unless you think he is funny, ignore him.

Mangin

Post by Mangin » Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:02 pm

Yeah, I had already seen his racism posts lol.

ima_gnu wrote:I dunno man, I havent made a mission like that in a while, but I do vaguely remember that problem. I dont know how to rectify it.

I thought it might be something to do with the large number of squadrons featured in the War mission, so I created one from scratch (2vs2), and made each squadron a different class, but once again it seems these instructions are completely disregarded. :(

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Sun Mar 05, 2006 4:17 pm

changing the direction the payers squadron is facing doesnt do anything. random postitioning doesnt affect asteroid fields or the players squadron. speed doesnt affect anything.
for your problem, i think that they also have a limited pool of ships to buy from, and they buy as many of the chosen class of ships as they can, they buy other ships.

Germany_Fan

Post by Germany_Fan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:04 pm

The Truth Strikes Back wrote:Yes, it seems you suffer from a minute form of Mental Retardation. Not to worry, many users o this message board such as Old Fag Johnson have this disease but in a larger quantity. I suggest you delete the games from your Pc and move on, or you will end up a loser like Johnson.

You are an annoying snivelling little twit who thinks you are always right and known as 'it'. Now get lost. Old Fag Johnson? Maybe you're worse than I thought. I hope Sean bans you in the near future.
I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein, on the nuclear bomb.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Tue Aug 14, 2007 12:34 am

He does once in a while. Thanks for bringing back this old thread.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:51 am

Ah ha ha, I laughed at that one. Good times, good times.

But, uh, out of curiosity, why are you bumping a year-old thread just to flame someone who is already banned (I think)?
My webcomic:

Germany_Fan

Post by Germany_Fan » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:03 pm

I hate all the Truths. I wonder if anyone has voted on my new topic...
I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein, on the nuclear bomb.