Ideas for future CM! Post yours!

Command a squadron of spaceships
n-drx

Post by n-drx » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:19 am

Old Man Johnson wrote:Uh...well, I was thinking it could be like a built-in thing. Like, it automatically submits them to a central server or something. I mean, your idea is great, but...uh...

time ago I thought about adding a similar "submit" feature in my RoH manager, but it would need a lot of work with php and sql... :?
then bza had the idea and published his page, and I forgot it...

anyway, does someone else think that way could be better?

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Wed Mar 08, 2006 9:53 pm

What I would really like to see is multi-race battles. You know... more than two "sides" on the on the board at once.

I would LOVE to be able to ally with a side and use their resources 8) . I also would like you to "need" fuel. If you are low or have lost loads of it due to battle damage, you gotta go fuel up, repair, or both!

Also, as someone said before, ship factories should output a drone every five turns. Not only would that make attacking a base harder, but it would also be way more realistic and surely make use of the ship facilities.

"Tugs" could perhaps come out of their "zone" and actually tow you if you get broken down. There should be repair stations in the base that repair you inside and out... meaning you would heal internal components and also shields. Shields should repair much slower though :wink: . Currently, destroying civilians has VERY little value. Adding this would remove this adverse situation!

Oh, and please, you gotta make hitting astroyds damage you! It is soooooo stupid that when you hit one, it does absolutely nothing!!!! You can just hide in them and fry the turrets. Take that away and it would make it way harder and also way funner!

I would die for these upgrades, man :x !
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:08 am

Fighter_Ace wrote:

"Tugs" could perhaps come out of their "zone" and actually tow you if you get broken down. There should be repair stations in the base that repair you inside and out... meaning you would heal internal components and also shields. Shields should repair much slower though :wink: . Currently, destroying civilians has VERY little value. Adding this would remove this adverse situation!

I would die for these upgrades, man :x !

i like the idea of tugs...that would auto-jet out to you or even a repair
ship that would do the same....maybe you could even have a custom
setting where you say...if i go below 50% damage come get me...PLEASE!

if my wingman go below 30% let them die... :twisted: j/k
if you run..you'll only die tired

EA6B

Post by EA6B » Fri Mar 10, 2006 4:57 am

TheKangaroo wrote:I'm thinking about a missile not exploding but working as a scanner. (It just goes straight like a plectron pretty fast and shows you all ships it passes in some certain distance).

You can send Orik missiles to scout out enemy ships. Launch an Orik into an open part of space, and wait for it to hit something. The Orik will fly ahead of your ships, and detect the enemy when they are way out of your radar range. When they hone in on an enemy ship and hit it, you will get a notice that says "hit an enemy (ship's name)". Then you can pause the game and look around for the aftermath of the explosion. This will give you the location of the enemy ship. The enemy ships usualy travel in groups so the location of one ship will usualy give you the location of all the enemy ships

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Fri Mar 10, 2006 5:06 am

can I call you the guy of the most hair?

..hairier...Harrier...EA6B Harrier.....I love me.

WORD TO THE GUY OF THE MOST HAIR!!!!!

...also, I usually use said orik method, except I turn about 30 degrees one way, fire FOUR oriks and crank it back the other way, that way I get a good spread.
I poop, therefore I am.

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:02 am

Asteroids should only appear on radar when you discover them, not straight from the start.
Dinosaurs aren't extinct, they're just hiding behind things.
Kangaroos are just mice standing much closer to you.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:43 pm

Asteroids should only appear on radar when you discover them

I disagree. Asteroids are large, dense and have no attempt at cloaking.
From Earth we can see Asteroids out past Pluto, we have difficulty seeing some spy satelites in orbit!

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:49 pm

i agree with asteroids being seen only by the radar. asteroids are about the same size as your ships, why can asteroids across the map be seen but ships of the same size have to be spotted by radar?

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:50 pm

..hairier...Harrier...EA6B Harrier.....I love me.

Isn't EA-6 the designation for the 'Prowler' electronic warfare platform?

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Fri Mar 10, 2006 11:31 pm

and i guess its AV-8B harrier

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:55 am

MY BAD!!!!! you are right, it is the Prowler. Sick. I wanted to call him the guy of the hair! :(
I poop, therefore I am.

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:23 pm

How about?

?Missile upgrades? ? similar to promotions ? when you reach a certain rank or a certain number of kills it unlocks a faster/more powerful/quicker turning missile.

Making asteroids able to be destroyed by missile hits. Number of hits needed could be based on the size of the asteroid.

Not being able to click on enemy ships and seeing their status. This in my opinion would make it a bit more realistic, as in real life you wouldn?t be able to see the exact status of the enemy.

A mission recorder, so that you can save and replay good missions in "real-time".

As someone else said in another thread, being able to dock with missile factories to reload missiles, or being able to dock with some kind of repair facility to repair components faster than bots can do.
Last edited by Zephyr on Mon Apr 03, 2006 3:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aaarrrggghhh

Post by aaarrrggghhh » Thu Mar 30, 2006 10:45 pm

Admittedly I'm a newbie and probably not well liked by now, but...

I'd say above all else, more customization options.
For instance being able to place specific/custom ships in your custom missions.
Or being able to change the built in ships race settings, wouldn't it be nice to set your favorite race to only use your custom ships?

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:20 pm

It would help if the "View kills and objectives" screen showed the kills of other friendly squadrons, for example so you can see how many enemy radars/transmitters/observatories are left. Or maybe some kind of on-screen indicator that tells you when the mission objective has been completed.

It would also help if your wingmen had I.Q.'s greater than that of a watermelon :-)

Lukov

Post by Lukov » Tue May 02, 2006 3:41 am

Yes, an objective indicator would be nice.
I can never figure out if I missed one freighter out of a convoy because I don't know if I completed the objective.