What about a random mission generator?

Command a squadron of spaceships

Would you like CM having a random mission generator?

Yes
88%
No
13%

Total votes: 16

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Thu Mar 09, 2006 5:04 am

Fuzzy Wonky wrote:
Fusion_power wrote:...CMass does not allow user control of the flotillas. (...) There are several improvements I'd like to see in CMass including full control of flotillas...

I'd like it too. As of today there's not much difference in authority between a lieutenant and an admiral. That's a bit strange. :? Furthermore there's no real possibility to have allied different squadrons coordinate or combine their action either. I often happen to regret there is no such tactical possibility. :(
IMO that's indeed a matter to wonder about with a view to a future CM version. :roll: May be some optional choices only should be offered (so as to allow players to keep the present game as it is -- for all those that like it so and want no change).

yeah there is no way todirect another squad
but when you make missions placing them
so u can use them as cannon fodder is a
tactic of a sort...or distraction anyways...
if you run..you'll only die tired

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:32 am

It would be good if you could control the lead ship in another friendly squadron in a big war mission - alternating turns between your commander and the other ship. The other commander would have to be "unsaveable" and disappear after the mission otherwise...

...I was going to say, otherwise you'd have two of your commanders in the same mission - but maybe that would also be a cool idea!!
Dinosaurs aren't extinct, they're just hiding behind things.
Kangaroos are just mice standing much closer to you.

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Fri Mar 10, 2006 3:30 pm

I still think it would be pimp to control your entire squadron. I know I for one would be able to deal a tremendous amount more damage.
I poop, therefore I am.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Fri Mar 10, 2006 7:36 pm

Controlling all the ships in your squadron directly would seriously slow down the flow of the game.
It would also make it too easy (Most of us are regularly killed by "overly enthuisatic" wingmen).

I vote no!

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Fri Mar 10, 2006 9:48 pm

...and it's also not quite the way I picture the game. I mean it's supposed to let you play as a spacefighter pilot, not some godlike power controlling everybody's decisions.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Sat Mar 11, 2006 12:09 am

Though godlike power admittedly has an appeal.
My webcomic:

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Sat Mar 11, 2006 1:54 am

can you imagine....completely OWNING the opposing force, regardless of sive, with like...four 140 credit ships. I think it would be beyond awesome!!!!
I poop, therefore I am.