New boy question for people to laugh at...

Command a squadron of spaceships
Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Wed Mar 29, 2006 6:45 pm

You guys all rock! This is the friendliest forum I've ever used!

Last question from me, then I'll stop bugging you (for a while!).

When I first got the game, I fiddled with some of the mission settings, like the "minimum rank required", because I wanted to play them all straight away (I know, I was young and foolish :lol: ). Now that I've REALLY got into the game I want to play it in its standard form. Is there any way to restore the original default settings, and if not could someone email me the standard .mis files?
Dinosaurs aren't extinct, they're just hiding behind things.
Kangaroos are just mice standing much closer to you.

drwhite7

Post by drwhite7 » Fri Apr 28, 2006 12:10 am

BZA wrote:You also get extra cash for being promited

You in fact get 20 credits for every promotion.

Also, do you get anything for causing an enemy to eject? (Apart from the fact that there's one less enemy ship about!)

I haven't completely confirmed this, but it seems that if an emeny ship ejects and is left alone until it explodes on its own, the last ship to hit it gets credited with the kill. So if you hit a ship and make it eject, then leave it alone, you should get the kill as long as no one else comes in and hits the ejected ship. Of course, if another ship does hit it and even kill it, then you basically get no credit.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:06 am

drwhite7 wrote:
Also, do you get anything for causing an enemy to eject? (Apart from the fact that there's one less enemy ship about!)

I haven't completely confirmed this, but it seems that if an emeny ship ejects and is left alone until it explodes on its own, the last ship to hit it gets credited with the kill.

I agree that this appears to be the case.

R2D

Another Noobie with some questions

Post by R2D » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:32 am

Got this game 2 days ago, can't stop..

Is there a file or thread anywhere that discusses the relative value in a fight and power of the various equipments on the ship?

Such as...how good is a single radar on the relevent side/front/rear of a ship as opposed to 2 radars. has anyone here ever made a ship just for watching the entire battle zone with just radars and stealth, no attack capability. Was it effective?

how good is the stealth when there is 1 vs 2 vs 3, I understand from some thread herein that even 1 stealth is good for the whole ship, not just the side it is mounted on...correct?

Does anyone know of a method to get a chase missile launcher? I would LOVE to shoot one up the chase guys nose...

Does a Super Shield really take twice as much damage as a regular?

Is there any way of getting past the 1 missile shot per 2 turns problem?

Is there any "good" reason for having the passenger and cargo ability on a custom ship?

Well, that's all I can think of for now..just had a few moments to kill since my Commander got wasted since I forgot to include a "watcher" type in my squadron, I thought, wrongly, that my own radars on board were sufficient....Baaaad moooove!

Gotta get back...can't stop.... :shock:

BoxZone_Author

Re: Another Noobie with some questions

Post by BoxZone_Author » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:38 am

R2D wrote:Got this game 2 days ago, can't stop..
Such as...how good is a single radar on the relevent side/front/rear of a ship as opposed to 2 radars. has anyone here ever made a ship just for watching the entire battle zone with just radars and stealth, no attack capability.

See the bottom ofMy CM page

Does a Super Shield really take twice as much damage as a regular?

Yes, except a super shield can't be 50% damaged so if it was to take 50% damage you lose the whole shield (thus it's not actually as good as two ordinary shields)

Fit more launchers (up to 4) and don't fire them all on the same turn (or 'no').

Is there any "good" reason for having the passenger and cargo ability on a custom ship?

No. These add realism to the mission ships but are of no earthly use to you.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:02 pm

Does anyone know of a method to get a chase missile launcher? I would LOVE to shoot one up the chase guys nose...

The only way to do that (and basically the one you might already have thought about yourself): fly backwards!

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Tue May 02, 2006 11:44 pm

actually, there is a glitch where each missile launcher can shoot once per turn. it's pretty hard to do, and i'm against using it, as it's pretty much cheating

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Wed May 03, 2006 8:44 am

umeboshi110 wrote:

actually, there is a glitch where each missile launcher can shoot once per turn. it's pretty hard to do, and i'm against using it, as it's pretty much cheating

I wasn't aware that that was possible! I've certainly never done it! Does there have to be a specific set of circumstances to let it happen?
Dinosaurs aren't extinct, they're just hiding behind things.
Kangaroos are just mice standing much closer to you.

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Sat May 06, 2006 8:44 pm

no, its something you can do anytime anywhere in the game

Akfrost

Post by Akfrost » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:05 am

once in 3.0 I saw a anaconda select 15 plecs at the same time. I was amazed at this blatant form of cheating, lol, but you really can't stop the comp from cheating right?"

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:15 pm

Haven't you been saying you were hacking your commanders' stats all along? I mean, I know there is no direct link to that, but somehow this is pretty weird.

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:11 pm

thats probably because you held the spacebar. each time the space key "registers" or whatever, they select four missiles. then they shoot them all at once and waste all their missiles, then you win.

Akfrost

Post by Akfrost » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:11 am

i died, lol, and I was watching my "friends" and I started hacking 4.0 since 3.0 was so long ago.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:04 am

Yeah, in 3.0 you can make AI-controlled ships (enemy or ally) fire, turn, and move incredibly fast simply by holding the space bar. In fact, if you're fast enough at clicking, you can fire more missiles as well (though turning is too hard)
My webcomic:

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 5:03 am

it's funny how fast they use up their missiles. it's like they lost control and can't stop shooting
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)