Stuck?

Command a squadron of spaceships
Copperhaired Berserker!

Stuck?

Post by Copperhaired Berserker! » Mon May 01, 2006 11:12 pm

Just make your own mission. I have made a mission where there is 10 squadrons on each side, just to duke it out with lots of squadrons charging their missles into the mess, only to be cut down as a mixture of missles totally oblitrate them. I absouloutly love it, just weaving in and out of all of the destruction chaos. I've also made a "D-Day" mission where 20 squadron of yours charge into ten squadrons of enemies with HUNDREDS of turrets, while you have to pierce this defence and destroy the convoy that is passing by, behind the turrets. Awesome.
Excuses are a refuge of the weak.
A open-mind is like a fortress that is unbarred and unguarded.
Sacrifice is the best form of respect.

-Quotes from Warhammer 50k: Dawn of War.

Lukov

Post by Lukov » Tue May 02, 2006 3:54 am

Cool, I created a mission too.

You accidentally hyperspaced into an enemy seige of a colony and about 10 squadrons attack 3 squadrons and 2 turret rings and a few star base and you start behind enemy squadrons instead of infront of your ally squadrons.

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Tue May 02, 2006 8:47 am

Lukov wrote:You accidentally hyperspaced into an enemy seige of a colony and about 10 squadrons attack 3 squadrons and 2 turret rings and a few star base and you start behind enemy squadrons instead of infront of your ally squadrons.

That sounds pretty cool!

That's one of the good things about CM - infinite mission possibilities!

There seems to be LOADS of ship design chat on here, and not a lot of stuff about custom missions.....
Dinosaurs aren't extinct, they're just hiding behind things.
Kangaroos are just mice standing much closer to you.

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Tue May 02, 2006 4:16 pm

zephyr...is your av a ship?
I poop, therefore I am.

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Tue May 02, 2006 8:37 pm

I created a brutally hard mission.

Two starbases sinde by side (both are mission-critical objectives) surrounded by 6-8 turrets. the two rings are so close together you can almost not fly between the turrets.

One ring of turrets (10-12) centered and in front of the dual bases.

Seven enemy squadrons in a V around the three circles.

And thats just the enemy!!

My side is.... like / . \ my squadron is the dot, and each wing is three squadrons, and I have another squadron flanking me on either side.

All the enemy squadrons are 600 credits, and the leading and trailing squads in lines beside me also are 600. The two middle squads in the lines and the two flanking me are 350.

Originally, this mission had two less enemy squadrons, and two more enemy turret rings beside the single one (so from top to bottom it was the two starbases+defenses, and then three more turret rings. This proved to be nearly impossible, especially if one of the bases ended up as a super. on one occaison with the old configuration, I had to fight two heavies. I had my squadron, it was three Enterprises, and two Super Fighters, which was all the money I had.

Even still, I usually lose this battle.
I poop, therefore I am.

drwhite7

Post by drwhite7 » Wed May 03, 2006 1:50 am

Do you mean lose as in you die, or lose as in you have to eject, hyperspace, etc. and fail the mission?

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Wed May 03, 2006 7:09 am

lose in any way you can w/o dying. I fire all my missiles and dont kill the bases, I get absolutely pounded by the turrets and have to bug out (sometimes just long enough to let any remaining rep bots to fix me up). Usually...thats the ways I lose.
I poop, therefore I am.

Zephyr

Post by Zephyr » Wed May 03, 2006 8:46 am

ima_gnu wrote:zephyr...is your av a ship?

:) Yep, the "Viking"!
Dinosaurs aren't extinct, they're just hiding behind things.
Kangaroos are just mice standing much closer to you.