[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Does Critical Mass end?

Does Critical Mass end?

Command a squadron of spaceships

Does Critical Mass end?

Postby dpm_dpmartin » Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:27 pm

I understand that part of the appeal of Critical Mass is the ability to partly define your own game, with your own ships and missions. However, after 150+ missions - and a four-strong fleet of just under 300 credit ships, which are shielded-up so well I would have to intentionally become a bit of a sitting duck to get taken-out - I am now starting to wonder whether Critical Mass ends.

For example... if I won the mission for Attack Enemy Planet three times or something like that... would, in effect, all my enemies be vanquished and then my race would be the ruler of the Universe or something like that?

I'm only curious as I'm a person that likes a bit of closure - I got that hit of closure with Slay and, to a certain level, with Conquest... I mean, how many times do you have to take out those Cadet Pilots or Transmitters before you just don't go back to it 'cos it's a little bit 'samey'?

It seems a real shame to leave my Commander festering away on disk just 'cos I might one day lose interest - but there would be no excuse for me to lose interest if I knew there was the possibility of closure... of winning, as it were. To see the screen that says... "You've done it!"
dpm_dpmartin

Postby ima_gnu » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:44 am

I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

I'll keep going then...

Postby dpm_dpmartin » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:51 am

dpm_dpmartin

Postby Sean OConnor » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:53 am

Sean OConnor

There's many sides to a coin...

Postby dpm_dpmartin » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:19 am

dpm_dpmartin

Postby ima_gnu » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:01 am

I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

No, really... I'm 2 missions away from that number...

Postby dpm_dpmartin » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:07 am

dpm_dpmartin

Postby TheKangaroo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:51 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby Fusion_power » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:14 pm

Fusion_power

Postby umeboshi110 » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:18 am

well ill have you know me and my buddy thought long and hard before creating the universe
umeboshi110

Postby ima_gnu » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:01 am

rofl
I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby Akfrost » Sat Jun 17, 2006 5:42 am

hey guys I'm new, but I also love this game.

Maybe you should bring back retirement from before, except perhaps you could activate it again somehow. You need to acknowlege the living commanders as well. lol.
Akfrost

Postby jftsang » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:21 pm

jftsang

Postby Scuffer » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:33 pm

He's joking. It never ends. War is tradegy :(
________
Last edited by Scuffer on Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scuffer

You wanted closure... stick it in your pipe and smoke it.

Postby dpm_dpmartin » Fri Oct 20, 2006 10:43 pm

dpm_dpmartin

Next

Return to Critical Mass