[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Bug - Pocket PC AI not responding

Bug - Pocket PC AI not responding

A boardgame of world domination

Bug - Pocket PC AI not responding

Postby empire_builder » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:31 pm

I'm in the middle of a game (a really exciting one actually) on the PPC 2.0 version, and it's the AI's turn and it won't do anything! The app is responsive in all other ways -- I can query player stats, bring up the about box, scroll the map, etc. It's just that the AI refuses to move.

Is this a known bug? The only thing different about this game vs. many others I have played is that there are a tremendous number of armies on the board (each player has roughly 3500 at the moment). Is there a way to capture the current game configuration and send it to you for analysis?

Thanks -- Dave
empire_builder

Postby Sean OConnor » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:09 am

Yes, if you quit the game it will save it in the file Conquest.gam. You could try quiting and then email me that file and I'll take a look.
Sean OConnor

Postby skywalkm » Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:33 pm

This happened to me as well. I was on turn 56. It also was exciting, but I was bound to lose anyway. I will email you the .gam file. I have played over 100 games and this is the first time this has happened (I don't think I've ever had a game last this long though).
-Matthew
skywalkm

Postby skywalkm » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:44 pm

It happened two more times yesterday. :cry:
skywalkm

Postby qwas » Sat Jul 22, 2006 4:07 pm

Do you have graphic armies on? Could it be that you didn't have enough RAM?

Never happened to me, yet all the games I've been on the biggest armies were about 100.
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2
qwas

Postby Sean OConnor » Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:41 pm

I think it's only happening on the Pocket PC version, right?
Sean OConnor

Postby ima_gnu » Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:00 pm

I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Postby skywalkm » Sun Jul 23, 2006 3:25 am

skywalkm

A little different this time...

Postby skywalkm » Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:33 pm

I still got stuck, but this time, it was a little different. I had one last opponent and was going in for the kill (but sometimes I like the last opponent to squirm and have a chance) and I allowed them to get to 5 cards with no armies while only in Australia and no where else. Then it got stuck after my following turn. So, I went to do a new game and instead of saying OK, I clicked on the little "X" for starting a new game. When I came back, the opponent now had 2 cards, but still no armies. I confirmed that with the statistics.

Any chance I can transfer my registration to the PC version?
skywalkm

Postby empire_builder » Wed Dec 13, 2006 10:51 pm

empire_builder

Return to Conquest