[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - 4.0 bug

4.0 bug

Real time World War II combat simulation

4.0 bug

Postby Andy » Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:14 am

playing a defence german vs. ameicans, taken out 4 tanks with 2 field guns, and an 88 was working well stopping a concentrated infantry attack on the right flank. (world full of poor quality infantry). right at the end, enemy advanced positions surrendering and now its just the wounded on the right causing harrasment for my guys trying to clear up.

without being told of it both my guns get taken out by grenades, but there is no smoke, and no infantry near the 50, and im quite certain they got pushed back out of grenade range from the 88.

i was watching it at the time and saw no grenades, and then both crews are flopping about in their positions, rather than converting to infantry.
________
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

Postby Andy Brown » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:39 pm

I'll be interested to see what Sean's got to say about this one. I've had it happen to me as well but I assumed some enemy inf had managed to get close to the gun while I was looking elsewhere.

(There was an enemy inf squad sniffing around in that part of the board and I'm not sure how well ATGs spot infantry).

Perhaps the answer is as simple as not deploying ATGs out on the flanks by themselves?

Andy Brown
Andy Brown

Postby Andy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:19 pm

but there are damned good snipers and suppressors...

admittedly i didnt have solid line of infantry, and there was a good 50m between the 50 and the nearest guy. but there was no smoke from either, and no sign of infantry near the 50 at all.

thought a similar thing had happened again last night - german halftrack going full speed across a field towards some infantry (annoyed with lack of flamethrowers in the german tanks ive modded a halftrack with just a flamethrower as its weapon) and it just plan explodes! first thoughts, bazooka?? the same glitch??? no, taking a closer look it seems that the most unlikely thing ever happened - it got hit by an enemy arty sighting round :roll:
________
Andy

Postby Andy Brown » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:03 pm

Andy Brown

Postby Andy » Sat Jul 22, 2006 2:45 pm

yeah i can definately say ive played enough games for this to start happening.

on grenades - how rubbish are troops at throwing grenades??
________
Andy

Postby Andy Brown » Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:13 am

Andy Brown

Postby Andy » Sun Jul 23, 2006 11:41 am

better that them! (i know to throw to where he will probably be, not where he was 5 seconds ago before he started a run!)
________
Andy

Postby TheKangaroo » Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:29 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby Andy » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:03 am

now happened 2 times in a row, no infantry anywhere close either time. second time was the start of a major tank attack, so not such a great time to lose a big gun.

im fairly sure i downloaded 4.0, but the about says 3.99v
________
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andy

Postby TheKangaroo » Sat Jul 29, 2006 2:05 am

Mine says 4.0, just for referrence.
TheKangaroo

Return to Firefight