[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - More human-like AI needed

More human-like AI needed

A boardgame of world domination

More human-like AI needed

Postby w0qj » Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:22 pm

Hi, I'm actually asking Sean for Win'Vista upgrade policy, and seriously considering to purchase the US$40 bundle (all Windows games).

Anyways, here's my question on the Trial version of Conquest:

The computer AI needs to be more intelligent, more human-like.

Specifically, the AI needs to aim for dominating one contenient at a time for bonus armies, and to prevent human players from doing the same.

I've read many postings on this forum, arguing that if the computer AI takes over a complete continent, it would become the common target of all other adjacent oponents so it's not worth it.

Well, I've taken over Australia & Asia (total of "9" extra armies each turn!!). [AI Level: "very clever. Is this the smartest leven??]
I've set up all my armies at my only 3 border countries: Middle East, Ukraine, and Alaska.

As all my armies are concentrated on these 3 border countries, the AI don't even dare to attack my defending choke points.
So now I have 100+ armies on EACH of these 3 countries (not counting my secondary armies roaming around Europe & North America).

A total of 15-16 armies EACH turn.

BUT the AI don't even dare to attack me, despite my gathering a total of 15-16 armies EACH turn.

Any human player can see that I've taken over 40% of the world, and with 15-16 armies EACH turn and conserving these for future attacks, it would be suicide to wait until I attack them...

Any comments?
w0qj

Postby stub » Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:05 am

stub

Postby ima_gnu » Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:34 pm

I poop, therefore I am.
ima_gnu

Return to Conquest