Yes / Worship me now!
36%
No / Feel my wrath...
64%

Total votes: 11

Copperhaired Berserker!

Ideas for missles

Post by Copperhaired Berserker! » Fri May 26, 2006 7:19 pm

Anyone wish that there was more missles? Here's some ideas!

Name: Minenon (Just going with the rather weird style for names like Geenees)
Special ability: Remote-controled
Fuel: 50
Megatons: 5
Thrust: 50
Turn: 70
Colour: Green
Description: Ever found those astroid fields blocking that kill but drachans don't do the trick? The Minenon would allow you to guide through those astroids and get the kill. Also not bad for dogfights, as you could bring a
wall of Minenons onto the enemy.

Name:Firtras(Once again going with the weird style of names)
Special Ability: Lets out clusters of TNT when main missle explodes.
Fuel:25
Megatons: 3 for main missle, 1 for clusters.
Thrust: 50
Turn: N/A
Colour: Red
Description: These missles are rather weak and rely on the hordes of clusters and shower the area where the main missle exploded for damage.
Heavily shielded ships will have little to none worry about these missles, but a full salvo of missles can cause considerable damage to static missles and easily destroy unshielded ships. The clusters move slowly, and just go in random directions, which mean that good piloting will stop the threat.

Name: Scrambler
Special ability: They act like EMPs slowing down ships or even disabling parts for a short period of time (Around about 5 or 6 turns.)
Fuel: 40
Thrust: 60
Megatons: N/A
Colour: Brown
Description: this ship doeas not damage a ship but instead slows it down or disable some parts. Repair bots cannot repair disabled parts, but instead have to wait for the part to be enabled again (Usually 5 or 6 turns)
Even so, one Scrambler won't cause much bother, and only when four missles come that significant speed deceasing and disabled parts actually come to mind.

Hope these ideas were good, because if so, Mr Flibble will be very cross (Red Dwarf reference. :wink: ) I know where you sleep. :P
Last edited by Copperhaired Berserker! on Wed Jun 14, 2006 8:43 am, edited 2 times in total.
Excuses are a refuge of the weak.
A open-mind is like a fortress that is unbarred and unguarded.
Sacrifice is the best form of respect.

-Quotes from Warhammer 50k: Dawn of War.

Copperhaired Berserker!

Post by Copperhaired Berserker! » Tue Jun 06, 2006 10:11 pm

Will anyone reply?? (Sorry to be unpatient.)

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:06 pm

i think the scrambler is a good idea, but 10 turns is waaaay too much. i think i would rather keep this game simple, though. also, the names of the missiles were based on some old computer stuff or something.

Copperhaired Berserker!

Post by Copperhaired Berserker! » Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:14 pm

How about 5 or 6 turns? Oh, and about that "let's keep it simple" thing. I think that not putting something in because "it makes the game too complicated" is a rather silly excuse. If we had that "simple" attitude, we wouldn't be able to have huge and awesome levels etc. in new games. So I don't think the "simple" excuse is a good excuse.

ima_gnu

Post by ima_gnu » Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:15 pm

unpatient?

lolol <3 I just kidding.

Plus, I rather like your ideas! sweet.
I poop, therefore I am.

eddiies

Post by eddiies » Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:39 pm

I like the scrambler mostly. but I do think it would get amuzingly annoying after awhile.
I would say make it do 2 or 3 times the damage if it hits shields to work as a shield breaker. or even make it disable the shields on whatever side for a few turns

but on a internal hit...
the random internal components would be fun. maybe randomly fire the hit craft missles or make teh control center eject ...or maybe start the hyperspace sequence but for real use how about disableing the stealth or radar becuase i think the stealth stuff is a little unbalanced.

you could disable the (but not distroy) the stealth stuff fon an external hit citing that the missle
marked" the craft somehow.

one missle I'd like to see is a missle like the white one but with the warhead of the blue missle that can be put on starbases and turrets it just seems funny that 1. a starbase can't defend itsself and 2. turrets aren't loaded up with missles that don't attack friendlies.
You are only half as ______ as everyone says you think you are.

umeboshi110

Post by umeboshi110 » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:10 pm

that gives me an idea. how about a long-ranged radar missile that can be used to see into the fog and stays on whatever it hits so the object hit and the area around it will always be visible?

edit: 1 mton should be ok

Copperhaired Berserker!

Post by Copperhaired Berserker! » Sat Oct 14, 2006 11:38 am

*Bump* I had another idea.

Name: Jerons
Special Ability: Drills through targets
Fuel: 50 fuel
Megatons: 5
Thrust: 75
Colour: Red and brown stripes
Description: This missle has an attachment added to the front that makes it go through targets, meaning that they won't explode after hitting a target, instead just going right through. The bane of convoys, this things can easily devastate the enemies, but it's drawbakcs are the fact that you can only shoot out one missle a turn and that it isn't too powerful.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sat Oct 14, 2006 6:39 pm

I don't get it. If it goes right through a target without exploding... what is it good for?

Copperhaired Berserker!

Post by Copperhaired Berserker! » Sun Oct 15, 2006 2:36 pm

It still causes damage, TheKangaroo. It just doesn't blow up.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Sun Dec 17, 2006 4:43 am

Ah, like a piercing missile? Goes through multiple ships (assuming they're lined up, and I'm assuming this thing doesn't home)

Come to think of it, what about an armor-piercing missile? Weak warhead, maybe can't destroy command centers, but goes right through (ignores) armor? Use it to soften up those Warriors...lol.

Or like repair drones, you shoot them at allies and it repairs them or something, lol.
My webcomic:

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:17 pm

As this topic just got restarted anyway: I'd still like a sensor-missile, working about the same way those UUVs on modern submarines do: you fire them, they go in a straight line (or wire-guided, but let's stick to straight lines in the game) and give you a picture of what's going on ahead. Would make it easier to find those emplacements without having to traverse half the universe.

PlecTron

Post by PlecTron » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:10 am

i would love to see a Swarm Missle (upon firing splits off into dozens of micromissles that do very little damage alone but seek out the enemy [engine too small so use very little fuel so flies for quite a while but is not fast enough to easily catch up to an enemy], when they hit they hit in a swarm and hit sides randomly, note that it takes like 3 hits to kill a normal shield, advantage is all sides can take damage so assymetrics are vulnerable.

also i Hate it when the missle is hot on the enemy tail when a Mosquito zips ahead and the damn thing catches the guidance systems, causing that critical ship thats about to hyperspace that is the mission objective(and has everything destroyed but its last command center) to survive! SO, i propose the:
Name: Sekkarra
Special ability: advanced target recognition systems (follows first target, no sidetracking)
Fuel: slightly less than an Orik
Megatons: average 7
Thrust: same as Geenee
Turn: Infinite (it will turn with its target, even if target does a right angle turn on a dime!)
Colour: Grey with yellow vertical stripes
Description: more expensive than most, this missile doesnt "see" anything but the first thing it can target, ie the first ship within its feild of veiw. as such, it immediately locks on and follows until it hits something, the target or otherwise, or it runs out of fuel. if it is following you, the best bet is to run around till it runs out of fuel or, if possible, lure it into an asteroid or other object.

Also, how about this one?
Name: Avonna (An-Nova)
Special ability: Nova Blast (Blast radius damage)
Fuel: 5 (to give it a push)
Megatons: 10 Impact, blast damage decreases with distance
Thrust: same as Yatari
Turn: none, its an unguided Bomb, for Pete's sake!
Colour: *RED* and slightly yellowish in shading
Description: This is one NASTY piece of work, its very dangerous to user at close range, as the blast will damage ANYthing in range, including freindly ships, and will even obliterate missles caught inside! it is designed for use at long range, so is mostly for use against static defenses that are clumped close together, btw the blast range is about half the size of the standard screen (not zoomed in)
WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "Critical System Errror"?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:04 am

The Nova missle sounds a bit of a cheat. You fire one and when it hits a squadron the whole squadrone Explodes?

PlecTron

Post by PlecTron » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:18 am

no the damage decreases with distance. i sould say it decreases *slightly* exponentially, meaning that at half the maximum distance it doesnt do half the damage it does about one-sixth damage and it doesnt have THAT large of a radius, btw i meant the diameter of the blast is half a screen
WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "Critical System Errror"?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!