[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Dogfighting Tactics

Dogfighting Tactics

Command a squadron of spaceships

Dogfighting Tactics

Postby EA6B » Wed Oct 18, 2006 2:50 am

I've been practicing a lot of dogfighting lately, and I was wondering what sort of tactics people used to defeat an enemy squadron.
EA6B

Postby Fusion_power » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:48 am

Do a crawdad in a clockwise spiral and dump a load of yatari's into the enemy ships. They do not seem to be able to avoid this attack.

Fusion
Fusion_power

Postby EA6B » Thu Oct 19, 2006 7:45 am

That tactic sounds interesting Fusion, but I fail to understand one thing . . . What do you mean by a "crawdad".
EA6B

Postby Fuzzy Wonky » Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:25 am

No one has ever explained to them what a crawdad is... :lol:
Last edited by Fuzzy Wonky on Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
-- --
Fuzzy Wonky

Postby Hadean » Thu Oct 19, 2006 6:00 pm

I usually just ignore what's around me and keep focused with enemies one at a time, i find if you're worrying about everyone else, you cant concentrate on getting a kill unless it's disgustingly easy.

I tend to beat them down with Blues or Yellows (I'll just refer to them as colours cause I'm too lazy to look up their names) and once they get jumpy or attempt to hyperspace I pull in as close as I can permit, and purple them to hell and back.

Ooooo and also.

Rushing head on, firing a volley of purples then turning into the dogfight is a fun and surprisingly effective strat.
Hadean

Postby umeboshi110 » Fri Oct 20, 2006 5:23 am

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
umeboshi110

Postby pedroski » Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:29 am

If you don't have very much amo fly in a circle and they will shoot each other. That is, if you are by yourself.
pedroski

Return to Critical Mass