[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Action off the screen?

Action off the screen?

A boardgame of world domination

Action off the screen?

Postby nwflyboy » Sat Dec 23, 2006 5:28 am

I have some questions about a problem I'm having with maps that are larger than the game window.

Here's the issue: When playing against the computer, battles take place off the screen. When it's a computer turn, all sorts of things quickly take place, often off the visible portion of the map, and I can only see the results after I manage to scroll randomly around until i find the active area.

Isn't there any way to make the map automatically scroll to where a battle is taking place?

Thanks.
nwflyboy

Postby sid6.7 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 8:43 am

not yet...i made my map big just for that reason...its makes
you have to look harder to see whats going on...

sid6.7

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Jan 10, 2007 11:22 am

I thought about scrolling to where some action was happening but I thought it would just give you a headache as it would be constantly scrolling!
Sean OConnor

Postby nwflyboy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:19 am

nwflyboy

Postby Sean OConnor » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:02 am

BTW are you playing with the larger maps on a Pocket PC?
Sean OConnor

Postby nwflyboy » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:15 am

Nope, not on Pocket PC (don't own one of those)

I've got a custom map I created that's about 3400 pixels wide x about 2000 pixels high. It's fairly large, even for my 20" monitor running at 1600 1200. I get about 1/4 of the map on my monitor.

This particular map has 13 continents (including several big ones) and the maximum number of territories (128, I believe - it's the maximum number it'll accept).

BTW, I'd also like to see the game maximums (number of continents & territories) increased in a future revision if possible. :D

FWIW, the game is very interesting with large maps and lots of territories...it's quite different.

Thanks again.
nwflyboy

Return to Conquest