[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Newbie need strategy help plz

Newbie need strategy help plz

Real time World War II combat simulation

Newbie need strategy help plz

Postby jdw1710 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 9:26 pm

Hi!

I'm playing a campaign in France where I'm the American forces verse the Germans. I've only got to Spear Hill and I'm getting mauled. It seems that the Germans know exactly where my troops are whether hidding behind a hill or in the forest, and I can't seem to see the Germans even when they are firing from plan site right in front of me. I'm I missing something or is the fog of war siding with the computer?

Any strategic advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Jim
jdw1710

Postby pedroski » Sun Jan 21, 2007 4:44 am

You don't usually see the enemy till you get close but your men should fire were the shots are coming from. any of your squads that are under Heavy artillery probably will be ducking for a long time. If your attacking and you have no tanks it is very tough.

Once I was playing and I only had infantry, I divided my force and attacked both flanks after very long amounts of time my men were just sitting around in a stalemate.

If you do have tanks try to kill their guns or tanks and rush the flag.
pedroski

Postby Andy Brown » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:52 am

Quite a few of the threads below contain useful tactical advice. Try this one for starters:

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/forums/vi ... php?t=1027

Andy Brown
Andy Brown

Postby TheKangaroo » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:28 pm

To answer the other question: no, the enemy hasn't better visibility than your men have. They simply have an advantage of position when they are defending. Keep in mind that some battles also can't be won at all as the amount of troops (Points) usually isn't the same for both armies. (Don't worry, some battles are piece of cake, it happens in both directions.)
TheKangaroo

Return to Firefight