[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Do I just suck?

Do I just suck?

Command a squadron of spaceships

Do I just suck?

Postby Hadean » Thu Oct 19, 2006 5:56 pm

Like really now, I play and I play, and I want to get high with my guy, but I can never get past 24 or so missions before I get blasted either because I think "Hey, I can still fight, I'm not that badly damag-" *boom* or because I'm dogfighting and my HELPFUL little wingman decides to cut infront of me to avoid a missile and I get killed.

And its so aggravating because I've customized some of the custom ships from the side, most notably the Commando into a really pimpin ship but I cant use it, because it's damn near impossible for me to get any higher in rank.

Oh and since I like to eject and hyperspace when I'm in danger(with missiles incoming that will obviously kill me), I have success rates no greater than 70%.

WHAT THE HELL?!

Please, for the love of god, create a campaign mode so I can be frustrated in that, then allow a second Free-mode as it were so I can fly around in my custom planes fight custom enemies and dont need to constantly make suicide assaults against turret rings and ship ports with only 2 wingmen.
Hadean

Postby TheKangaroo » Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:41 pm

Well, people say the farther you get, the easier it gets, since the shiny big ships start becoming available. I also haven't got any commander live through more than 40 missions until now. I kind of like designing custom ships in a more moderate price scale anyway, but I don't know for sure, what the point was I was going to get to... well, simply put: you don't particularly suck, commanders usually just don't last very long.
TheKangaroo

Postby EA6B » Fri Oct 20, 2006 12:14 am

EA6B

Postby Hadean » Fri Oct 20, 2006 2:35 am

Hadean

Postby Fusion_power » Fri Oct 20, 2006 4:05 am

Fusion_power

Postby Hadean » Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:54 pm

Hadean

Postby Fuzzy Wonky » Fri Oct 20, 2006 11:42 pm

. The hints he gave have proven useful.
Concerning point 8., I'd just like to add that there even will be a time when you nearly stop to built or improve any more custom ship and get much more concerned with creating/inventing custom missions so as to maintain challenge and variety.
Fuzzy
-- --
Fuzzy Wonky

Postby Copperhaired Berserker! » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:53 pm

Excuses are a refuge of the weak.
A open-mind is like a fortress that is unbarred and unguarded.
Sacrifice is the best form of respect.

-Quotes from Warhammer 50k: Dawn of War.
Copperhaired Berserker!

Postby TheKangaroo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:57 pm

TheKangaroo

Postby Copperhaired Berserker! » Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:28 pm

Excuses are a refuge of the weak.
A open-mind is like a fortress that is unbarred and unguarded.
Sacrifice is the best form of respect.

-Quotes from Warhammer 50k: Dawn of War.
Copperhaired Berserker!

Postby pedroski » Tue Nov 28, 2006 11:05 pm

Most of the ships are only available for two races for example only Ryckurn and Merikon have Heathen, Barbarian, Warrior and Savage. These are the best ships the computers will use so Naturally if you are that race there will be a 1/3 chance they use them. and then all the other ships change it around. I just played a game I was an admiral with 6 or 7 gold crosses 6 or 7 courage and tons and tons of the others but it only shows 7. The amount of credits you can buy in one ship one third of how many credits you have so.. when i play i always make a ship that is the same or one less then how much i can buy.
pedroski

Postby umeboshi110 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 3:24 am

There was also that thing with merikon (i think) ships generally having more radars, which helps a lot
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
umeboshi110

Postby Old Man Johnson » Fri Jan 19, 2007 3:02 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby PlecTron » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:17 am

umm on the note of "do i just suck", why is it that when i play i get to the rank of major after the 5th mission and then i die after 20 more with no promotion, when everyone else seems to be saying that after 25 missions they can already mess with their custom-built guys who cost 280 credits, when i cant even get guys that cost 180?
WHAT? WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "Critical System Errror"?????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
PlecTron

Postby pedroski » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:07 am

You should be able to get major on the second mission. Do you never win missions or something? Because promotions give you 20 credits. BTW after you become an admiral winning missions doesn't give you credits.
pedroski

Next

Return to Critical Mass