Nothing but Gold?

Command a squadron of spaceships
Old Man Johnson

Nothing but Gold?

Post by Old Man Johnson » Tue Feb 06, 2007 8:34 am

I was playing a game earlier today and ended up with a commander who died on his fourth mission, but succeeded every missions while earning a Gold Cross. Four missions, four Gold Crosses. I was feeling pretty happy about it, and I'm just curious, anyone else have any experiences like this? Or better?
My webcomic:

Fighter_Ace
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Post by Fighter_Ace » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:00 pm

Wow OMJ :shock: ! You sound like a raging beast! Were you flying a custom ship or a default one? Either way, must'a totally sucked being one of the guys tangling with you! Hehehe!

This game would be so much fun being multiplayer. Only problem I see is that with the turn-based foundation. Other than that, yeash! You sound like you'd make for one hell of a dogfight :P .
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:31 pm

I was flying around a scrappy little Hornet which never seemed to get hit by any missiles (couldn't find any of my custom ships in the shop). I was like at the top of my game, too, man, I was like on fire. But eventually my luck ran out and now I keep dying on the first mission after firing like one or two missiles..lol
My webcomic:

BlackMarketBeagle

Post by BlackMarketBeagle » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:34 pm

Not sure if I've ever managed 4 for 4, but my GCs are always clustered around the early missions. The main ingredients for a GC are 1) a bit of luck with mission assignment and 2) kamikaze levels of aggression. Playing aggressively enough to get the very high GC rates is pretty much guaranteed to kill you very quickly. (Which I presume is why BoxZone's 'Best Commanders' page requires at least 5 GCs for the GC% table.)

Posthumous GCs are always fun. My fave GC was despite dying AND failing. :D

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Wed Feb 07, 2007 1:54 am

I've gotten 5 gold crosses in the first 5 missions. Then my luck went sour and I got 3 medals of conspicuous bravery and a medal of honor.

I usually have 4 gold crosses from the first 10 missions.

Fusion

EA6B

Post by EA6B » Fri Feb 16, 2007 7:37 pm

My personal best is ten gold crosses with ten missions.

Old Man Johnson

Post by Old Man Johnson » Sat Feb 17, 2007 5:12 am

*jaw drops*
My webcomic: