campaign stuck on last mission

Real time World War II combat simulation
mikehg

campaign stuck on last mission

Post by mikehg » Thu Feb 15, 2007 1:40 pm

Any way to close out the file or repair it ?

I have two campaigns where after I was victorious, the mission summary was displayed, but a new mission wouldn't generate. The campaigns were saved. Upon re-opening they still show the end state of the last battle but I can't move on to the next mission.

Seems it's the result of not clicking the OK button on the mission outcome/summary window. First time I clicked the close window X control on the summary window, the second time I was targetting a shot when the mission ended - I hit the ESC key expecting to free-up the cursor and be able to access the OK button, but the window cleared at the same time.

tim_gwynne@hotmail.com

Post by tim_gwynne@hotmail.com » Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:04 am

I'm getting the same problem and the cause *is* from hitting the <escape> key when the Mission Summary appears. While the simplistic resolution is "well don't hit the escape key" this is not always easy as it sounds - especially if you are in the habit of using the <fire> button to line up a target and then using the <escape> key when you change your mind!
TimFromBrighton (well Hove,Actually)

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:00 am

I'll fix this one next week - I've been busy working flat out on a new game!

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Thu Apr 19, 2007 5:40 pm

This bug should be fixed now (version 4.0a). If you've had a password protected link in the past you can download the new version from that same link.

This is the only thing different - there aren't any new feature.

tim_gwynne@hotmail.com

Post by tim_gwynne@hotmail.com » Sat Apr 21, 2007 5:15 pm

Hi Sean,

I'd like to download the new version but the link tells me that my password has expired.

Tim
TimFromBrighton (well Hove,Actually)

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:34 pm

Sorry, I meant the link from my own site rather than RegNow.com's. The best thing to do is to send me an email and I'll reply with that link.

rich12545

Post by rich12545 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:06 pm

Hi Sean,

I tried to email you about this and a couple other things but couldn't because I don't have a passport. What is your email address?

Thanks,
Rich

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:09 pm

My email address is sean@windowsgames.co.uk

Andy Brown

Post by Andy Brown » Sat Oct 27, 2007 3:22 am

Sean O'Connor wrote:This bug should be fixed now (version 4.0a). If you've had a password protected link in the past you can download the new version from that same link.

This is the only thing different - there aren't any new feature.

Sean,

You've fixed it, in that it's now possible to save a campaign at the Mission Summary screen after each battle and to restart it from that point later.

Unfortunately, the Campaign Rating for campaigns saved at this point seems to reset to "Superb" every time they are reloaded.

I realise some people won't consider this a bug at all but I like to win my laurels fair and square!

Cheers,

Andy Brown