Rotating ships...

Command a squadron of spaceships
Legacy

Rotating ships...

Post by Legacy » Sat Mar 24, 2007 7:32 pm

Anyone know of an easy way to rotate(rather flip top-bottom) a ship in the editor? I've got a fairly neat little design, but for some really dumb reason I made it upside down. I'm gonna duplicate it then try and flip it by hand, but I'm afraid I might screw something up.

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Sun Mar 25, 2007 8:48 pm

Since CM ships have to be symetrical left-right. Rotating it 180 degrees is the same thing as flipping it top bottom. Perhaps you could clarify what you mean and why rotating it won't do?

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:36 pm

Flipping top-bottom is exactly what he wants to do, although it seems there is no option to do that automatically in CM (to be honest: I wouldn't have believed somebody would do that) and flipping it by hand of course includes the risk of not getting it right, though I think you could just duplicate it and give it a burl or two.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:57 pm

TheKangaroo wrote:Flipping top-bottom is exactly what he wants to do, although it seems there is no option to do that automatically in CM (to be honest: I wouldn't have believed somebody would do that) and flipping it by hand of course includes the risk of not getting it right, though I think you could just duplicate it and give it a burl or two.

That is indeed what I did. The end result doesn't capture the overall image of the upside down attempt. Problem is I was sorta just messing around with geometry and such, so I hadn't started out with a design in mind, and what looked coolest happened to be formed upside down.