__ Your FAVORITE MAP(s) !?!?!? __

A boardgame of world domination
making_sints

Post by making_sints » Thu Jan 06, 2005 5:41 am

All the new MOB maps!

_CRUSH_

_ Sea, Land, Air map_

Post by _CRUSH_ » Mon Jan 10, 2005 2:59 am

Hi Jon, Thanks for the early version of your 'Sea Land Air' map.
It's fun. I'm experiencing very slow play-time though, is it slow for
you also ? (I'm talking about the length of time it takes the computer
players to make their moves.)

I've also played your Santorini map and enjoyed it, haven't had the
chance to try Urban Seige yet but looking forward to it.

_MIKE_

JonManning

Re: _ Sea, Land, Air map_

Post by JonManning » Wed Jan 12, 2005 1:56 am

_CRUSH_ wrote:*

Hi Jon, Thanks for the early version of your 'Sea Land Air' map.
It's fun. I'm experiencing very slow play-time though, is it slow for
you also ? (I'm talking about the length of time it takes the computer
players to make their moves.)

I've also played your Santorini map and enjoyed it, haven't had the
chance to try Urban Seige yet but looking forward to it.

_MIKE_

I noticed a mild slowdown on Sea Land Air, but nothing too bad. It might take up to 3 seconds for the computer to figure out what it's doing. But I've also got nothing running in the background except for a firewall program.

Thanks for the feedback on those maps, Mike. I have another one submitted of Manhattan which is large, but not quite as large as Sea Land Air so it should play a bit faster.
"The early bird may get the worm, but it's the second mouse that gets the cheese."

Sethlake

Post by Sethlake » Wed Jan 12, 2005 9:53 pm

Wow, Conquest is sure addicting. I'm interested in making a map of my own but i'm not smart enough to do it without the editor program from Fowler. Does anyone know where i can download this? The Link doesnt work and i've searched all over.

THANKS!

Seth
Sethlake@aol.com

Sethlake

Post by Sethlake » Wed Jan 12, 2005 10:06 pm

Wow I found it, and i cant beleive it took me that long, right on the homepage, well here it Is.
http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/download/CME.zip

Sethlake

My First map

Post by Sethlake » Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:41 pm

I made a map of the area in which i live. Its not Great, but not bad. I'm gonna figure out how to send it to Sean. Its Called "Weatherby Lake"

_CRUSH_

_ Bubble Plane by RJW _

Post by _CRUSH_ » Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:21 pm

Wanted to share a fun map with everyone that I've played recently.

It's called BUBBLE PLANE by Rob Werhand.

This map has became one of my favorites! The way he designed it makes it look simple but there are some FANTASTIC crossover territories which run into other continents and create a greater challenge.

Nice work Rob!

p.s. There are a lot of new maps that I haven't played yet from you guys - I'll be downloading them now ;)

_ CRUSH _

xZanU

Post by xZanU » Thu Mar 13, 2008 2:07 am

Hello! Old mapmaker here : ) I've been busy for the past... Uh. Well 4 years. So anyway, I just got a hold of V4.0 (Thanks Sean) and will get back to making some new ones.

I've not played any -new- maps, though I still love the world map that comes with the game. I will post links to my new maps once I make them as I have all sorts of ideas now.

_CRUSH_

Post by _CRUSH_ » Thu Mar 13, 2008 11:30 pm

xZanU wrote:Hello! Old mapmaker here : ) I've been busy for the past... Uh. Well 4 years. So anyway, I just got a hold of V4.0 (Thanks Sean) and will get back to making some new ones.

I've not played any -new- maps, though I still love the world map that comes with the game. I will post links to my new maps once I make them as I have all sorts of ideas now.

Hi xZanU,

It's the same situation for me --- I have also returned after 4 years and found the newest version of Conquest. I sent Sean some new maps only a few days ago. I'll be looking forward to seeing your new ideas too!

Here are a few of my old maps you may enjoy - - - take into consideration that they were built for the older versions of Conquest though. Sometimes the new PLAYER LIST and GAME CARDS may cover a territory or two on these older maps *

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/ConquestM ... 0Green.zip

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/ConquestMaps/MOB%201.zip

http://www.windowsgames.co.uk/ConquestMaps/Skull.zip

Take Care,

_ CRUSH _

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Thu Mar 20, 2008 3:59 am

WOW long time no see crush!!! hows it going???
if you run..you'll only die tired

_CRUSH_

Post by _CRUSH_ » Thu Mar 20, 2008 1:22 pm

sid6.7 wrote:WOW long time no see crush!!! hows it going???

Hi Sid!

It's going great! As you probably read in my post above, I have created some new maps and sent them to Sean recently --- so I'm looking forward to the new releases (and hopefully some of yours will be in there!).

I started working on a GIGANTIC map ( an idea I've always wanted to finish since playing your Khoras map long ago) but I can't make it work in the Map Editor so I suppose I'll have to code it all by hand ( ahhh, the good ol' days!).

Nice seeing you again Sid, look forward to playing some new maps guy!

Take Care,

_ CRUSH _

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:31 am

cool i could use another big map...i've played out everything else!!!
if you run..you'll only die tired

nwflyboy

You like big maps?

Post by nwflyboy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:42 am

I've got a gigantic map I made. I think it plays well, but the game is v-e-r-y different when you've got a map that's many times larger than your monitor and consists of more provinces than you can shake a stick at.

It's 4400 x 3020 pixels, 255 territories and 14 continents. Some of the continents are pretty large (well, lots of things are large). And, for what it's worth, I think the map is fairly "pretty", too (but I'm probably not a good judge since I created it).

I'm happy to share it, but the file size is fairly daunting...it's about 14 megabytes (zipped).

Anybody interested?

_CRUSH_

Re: You like big maps?

Post by _CRUSH_ » Fri Apr 04, 2008 1:13 pm

nwflyboy wrote:I've got a gigantic map I made. I think it plays well, but the game is v-e-r-y different when you've got a map that's many times larger than your monitor and consists of more provinces than you can shake a stick at.

It's 4400 x 3020 pixels, 255 territories and 14 continents. Some of the continents are pretty large (well, lots of things are large). And, for what it's worth, I think the map is fairly "pretty", too (but I'm probably not a good judge since I created it).

I'm happy to share it, but the file size is fairly daunting...it's about 14 megabytes (zipped).

Anybody interested?

That sounds AWESOME nwflyboy !
I can't accept files that large in my email though, so hopefully you can upload it somewhere and we can download it that way.

Looking forward to playing this LARGE MAP !

_ CRUSH _

Legacy

Re: You like big maps?

Post by Legacy » Fri Apr 04, 2008 5:10 pm

nwflyboy wrote:I've got a gigantic map I made. I think it plays well, but the game is v-e-r-y different when you've got a map that's many times larger than your monitor and consists of more provinces than you can shake a stick at.

Anybody interested?

Yes!
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!