[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Ender's Game

Ender's Game

Command a squadron of spaceships

Ender's Game

Postby Legacy » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:43 pm

Has anyone read Ender's Game? More specifically, had you played at least a demo of any version of Critical Mass prior to reading it?

The reason I ask is because no matter how he described the simulator in the books(Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow), I always pictured it as a 3D-ish Critical Mass sort of thing.

Anyone else?
Legacy

Enders Game is Off Topic

Postby BoxZone_Author » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:50 pm

Yes I've read Ender Game, however it's
so belongs in the off-topic thread.
BoxZone_Author

Postby Legacy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:54 pm

But it is in relation to Critical Mass. Seemed to fit here more than off topic, as I was going somewhere with it.

Was there any really good description of the warships the humans used in battle? I have vague idea of what the buggers' ships looked like in my head, though not sure if accurate to the book. In future versions, if the objects on the screen limit were increased, it would be a spectacular mission to fly something similar to the attack on the bugger homeworld. I also wanted to try and design a ship based on the fighters carried inside the human ships(I believe 3 or 4 were in each larger ship), and wanted to know if anyone really remembered any important details about the ships.

(Also, it was getting lonely on the forums, so my other excuse is temporary insanity from talking to myself.)
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Old Man Johnson » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:44 am

No, I don't think there were any real description of what they looked like. I mean, the carriers attacking the Bugger homeworld were described as "boxy", I think, but I don't think it got any more in-depth than that. So you've got a lot of room for creative license, there.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby sid6.7 » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:43 pm

here is a page with some book covers for the series
you could copy those kind of ships...i dont see anything
boxy looking though..

http://www.ender.com/ender/
sid6.7

Postby Legacy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:21 am

Yeah, I have the box sets, and then some of the Shadow series that I couldn't get in boxed sets, but I've loaned the Ender box out and the box with the first of the Shadow series out, they have most of the pictures showing those yellow wedge-like ships. I was presuming they were either fighters or shuttles, and not the carriers. Of course, I don't think the carriers were strictly carriers, it'd be wasteful to only transport four fighters in a carrier over that distance, so they probably served as less maneuverable but more heavily armed fighters when the battle heated up.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Return to Critical Mass