[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Slingshot Effect

Slingshot Effect

Command a squadron of spaceships

Slingshot Effect

Postby Legacy » Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:13 am

Interesting tactic for hitting turrets and other semistationary targets: using Oriks(or another missile with relatively low turning rate) I've looped missiles between and around as many as three ships(including two wingmen) to strike at an enemy target that would have been risky to approach otherwise. Does anyone else ever use this tactic? I'm doing it more often lately for some reason, as I've begun favoring Oriks in my ship designs.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Old Man Johnson » Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:49 am

Nah, I just rush in blazing Plecs everywhere. I'm not a very strategical thinker; my combat technique consists of pointing myself at enemies and firing Plectrons at the right time. My ships usually have a bunch of armor, so I take a lot of hits but dish them out, too (doesn't work against turret rings, sadly)
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Legacy » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:18 am

Oriks are one of my favorites in turret attacks, as are the guided heavy warhead missiles, light blue, can't think of the name off hand, haven't played CM since yesterday. Get close enough, fly in fairly straight at first, and fire a salvo as you veer off at a shallow enough angle that they still seek, but your enemy's missiles skim right by. One of BZA's ships that he's retired from his front ship page was really good at this, since it was a sort of heavy-ish fighter, so it had a good arsenal, and sharp turns weren't required. I was the only one left once and flew his ship back and fourth through and around inside the ring until the turrets were all gone. Staying in the ring resulted in them doing a lot of self-inflicted damage, otherwise I'd have been out of missiles.

Legacy

Postby umeboshi110 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:12 am

i sometimes use this tactic when i see the chance but i've never really though about it before. also, flying through a turrent ring with a good amount of turrets is very dangerous, and it's hard for me to get through without getting hit even with ships with very high turning and it doesn't net me nearly as much self-inflicted damage as i would like. I have no idea how you did that with a ship that i'd assume has Poor Mobility Syndrome :D . i guess the ring was already had some damage, then.
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
umeboshi110

Postby Legacy » Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:28 am

Legacy

Postby umeboshi110 » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:56 am

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
umeboshi110

Postby Legacy » Sat Apr 07, 2007 5:08 pm

Legacy

Postby umeboshi110 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:57 pm

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
umeboshi110

Postby Legacy » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:17 pm

Legacy

Return to Critical Mass