Very very small bug?

A boardgame of world domination
poiter_mcd

Very very small bug?

Post by poiter_mcd » Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:49 am

Hey Sean,
I think (will test again) that the following is an issue - it's minor, but when I was a programmer I liked to know this sort of stuff...and when playing a human player, it could leave you with a gap in your defences.

* Say you attack a territory and go in with 1,2 or 3 rolls (i.e not ALL), you normally get to 'leave behind' a certain number of armies.
* If in that attack, you eliminate a player and get his cards AND are forced to trade cards in (>=5 cards), the option to leave behind a number of armies doesn't pop up.

Let me know if you need any more info - I'll also try & give it a test again next time I play.

Great games btw - horribly addictive.
cya
Pete

poiter_mcd

Post by poiter_mcd » Mon Feb 12, 2007 2:00 am

just did another quick test when I played again, and it definitely moves all of your armies into the territory under the above situations even when you attack with only 2 or 3.
cya
Pete

BoxZone_Author

Post by BoxZone_Author » Tue Feb 13, 2007 5:34 am

Sean is aware of this one, I reported it some time ago.
I gather fixing it is complicated as it's part of the eliminate player function. He preferred not to risk breaking something else (i.e. he felt the inconvience it caused wasn't worth his time to fix). As long as you are aware of it it's usually not too inconvenient.

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:39 am

Yeah, sorry about this one. I promise I'll fix it eventually!

Sean OConnor

Post by Sean OConnor » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:20 pm

This bug is now (finally!) fixed in version 4.0