Nothing better

Command a squadron of spaceships
Post Reply
Empty Hat
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 am
Location: Leicester

Nothing better

Post by Empty Hat » Fri Jun 22, 2007 9:57 am

Then a enemy watcher appearing out of nowhere to kill you but instead taking a couple of geenees for your arse.

anyone else got a few favourite instances or fantasies?

User avatar
Old Man Johnson
Posts: 541
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2004 6:38 am
Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Contact:

Post by Old Man Johnson » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:41 pm

Firing four Plecs at an enemy ship and wiping the ship, the escape pod, and the ship behind it in that single volley.
My webcomic:
Image

Empty Hat
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 am
Location: Leicester

Post by Empty Hat » Tue Jun 26, 2007 9:44 pm

Old Man Johnson wrote:Firing four Plecs at an enemy ship and wiping the ship, the escape pod, and the ship behind it in that single volley.


nice. though the escape pod might be a little cold.

I remember once an enemy puma shot off almost all of my components and downed a wingman but ejected under the pressure of my squad, as he ejected my crippled ship happened to be passing with a single remaining missile bay and a couple of daycons, couldn't have nailed the ship but I was set up to take vengence 8)

Conzul
Posts: 27
Joined: Tue May 15, 2007 10:37 pm
Location: New York

Post by Conzul » Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:44 pm

Every time one of my own ships hits me, I send a daycorn at it. Over the months, we have come to an understanding. They watch where they point their guns, I watch where I point mine. Recently I have found that those "smart" white missles really don't work much. About 30% efficacy. I don't know if that's intentional, but it's not cool. What is cool? Cool is when you come up behind a ship that hasn't seen you yet and is barely moving. This happens sometimes, and reminds me of a quote I heard somewhere: "Offen, doing one's duty is distasteful or hard to bear, but sometimes, just sometimes, it's a real pleasure."
Beware pirates bearing gifts!

User avatar
Fighter_Ace
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:36 am
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's
Contact:

Post by Fighter_Ace » Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:49 pm

Conzul wrote:Recently I have found that those "smart" white missles really don't work much. About 30% efficacy. I don't know if that's intentional, but it's not cool.


I've notice that myself a couple times. You said it man... that really isn't cool! Really annoying actually. So frustrating when you're aiming for an enemy with a supposedly "smart" weapon when it turns on you and takes out the president. I'd say it was more of a "smart ***" weapon if you ask me.....
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

User avatar
Legacy
Posts: 664
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 4:34 pm
Location: Wellsboro, PA, USA
Contact:

Post by Legacy » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:13 am

Fighter_Ace wrote:
Conzul wrote:Recently I have found that those "smart" white missles really don't work much. About 30% efficacy. I don't know if that's intentional, but it's not cool.


I've notice that myself a couple times. You said it man... that really isn't cool! Really annoying actually. So frustrating when you're aiming for an enemy with a supposedly "smart" weapon when it turns on you and takes out the president. I'd say it was more of a "smart ***" weapon if you ask me.....

Taking out a politician on your own side...

I don't think you're giving the missile enough credit.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Empty Hat
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jun 22, 2007 8:14 am
Location: Leicester

Post by Empty Hat » Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:44 am

Taking out a politician on your own side...

I don't think you're giving the missile enough credit.


speaking of credit seen as you've preformed the $ team's mission with a missile that should get you off at an enquirey hearing have you really just completed an assasination mission?

perhaps the other team has deposited a few credits in you (space)Swiss bank account.

User avatar
Fighter_Ace
Posts: 409
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:36 am
Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's
Contact:

Post by Fighter_Ace » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:52 pm

^ ^^ Oh my gosh! You guys are hilarious! Way to turn the tides on that one! Lol! I'm still laughing! :lol: True point though.

Reminds me of that new movie out... "Shooter" staring Mark Wahlberg.

I'm not sure if you guys are acquainted with the notorious American politician John Kerry, but this clip is really funny. I never liked the guy to begin with, but this one really sticks it to me...

ImageImageImage
My thanks and best regards to all my former submitters.

Post Reply