[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Logical error on protect crippled ship mission

Logical error on protect crippled ship mission

Command a squadron of spaceships

Logical error on protect crippled ship mission

Postby Nomadic » Sun Jul 15, 2007 12:22 am

Nomadic

Postby Legacy » Sun Jul 15, 2007 4:30 am

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Old Man Johnson » Mon Jul 16, 2007 4:23 am

I'm almost certain it just checks for the presence; that's why you can sometimes win Destroy Colonizer missions by just shooting a missiles every 29 turns until the thing flies off the edge. Most of the time the target is killed rather than it leaving the sector, which is possibly why this bug is still here. At least, that's what I think; I could be wrong.

But does anyone else see an error with the crippled ship being able to hyper? Shouldn't it be, you know, crippled? And how can any ship without most or all of its engines destroyed hyper?
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Legacy » Mon Jul 16, 2007 5:56 am

Legacy

Postby umeboshi110 » Mon Jul 16, 2007 6:23 am

(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
umeboshi110

Postby Fusion_power » Mon Jul 16, 2007 1:45 pm

Fusion_power

Postby Sean OConnor » Mon Jul 16, 2007 2:53 pm

Sean OConnor

Postby Old Man Johnson » Wed Jul 18, 2007 6:09 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Empty Hat » Tue Oct 16, 2007 11:45 pm

There are some dramatic sci fi moments that focus around a ship having to flee using its damaged 'jumping' engine. Anyone have any favourites?
Empty Hat

Postby leolocolobo » Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:19 am

A nice feature would be the ability to direct the crippled ship, or any of the defensive missions (hospital ships, politician, ect.) AWAY from the fighting! Nothing worse than sticking my neck out to save some idiot and him flying straight into a fire fight. As with any security detail, which is what all of these missions are, the security chief has the obligation to tell the object where and what he can and can't do.
leolocolobo

Postby Legacy » Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:35 pm

One advantage of having crippled ships face the enemy is that they have no rear armor, and can't move fast enough to dodge hardly anything, even a stray, that could come up from behind in the fight.

Legacy

Postby umeboshi110 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:21 am

wait, how is that an advantage?
(\ /)
(O.o)
(> <)
umeboshi110

Postby Legacy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:35 pm

Legacy

Return to Critical Mass