[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Ideas for future CM! Post yours!

Ideas for future CM! Post yours!

Command a squadron of spaceships

Postby Legacy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:02 am

"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:24 am

Right, guys, let's give it a test; see what you think of what I've got so far. It's a bit sloppy since I've not put much work into it yet, but here goes:

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Legacy » Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:52 pm

Methinks your "Critical Mass Engine" is a gas V12...

Otherwise, methinks I see the potential for something amazing here.

Legacy

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:23 pm

Heh heh, yeah, I was a bit lazy and don't know how to draw schematics, so I just used a stock photo : /
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Fighter_Ace » Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:30 pm

OoooOOOooh! :shock: Love the storyline so far! Awesome intro! Awesome picture! Must agree with Legacy on the engine thing; however, it doesn't ruin the setting. I'm loving it already. Please tell me a story follows? I'm hooked!
Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:47 pm

Err, I haven't really thought too much about it yet. I just felt like trying my hand at a battle sequence, lol. I'll think about doing some more with a story.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Legacy » Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:25 am

Legacy

Postby Fighter_Ace » Fri Jul 13, 2007 5:10 am

Oh, that's perfectly understandable, OMJ. I wasn't saying there had to be a story that followed. Although it would be kinda cool you have to admit. Maybe your pics could tie into Legacy's fan-fics or something somewhere. Duno. Then again, as they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words." Seriously, just look at that.... masterpiece! :shock: *still in awe*
Fighter_Ace

Location: Sacramento, CA, United States of America - Also can be found somewhere in the land of 1's and 0's

Postby Legacy » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:55 pm

Radio Intercept module: Allows you to hear enemy comm chatter, possibly allowing you to triangulate the position of enemy ships if you have multiple ships equipped with this electronics warfare package.

Legacy

Postby Nomadic » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:35 am

Capitol Ship battles. I can just picture two gargantuan ships sliding past each other, each with loads of rotating turrets firing off at each other. All the while the smaller fighters flit between them, engaging in dogfights and strikes against the enemy ships turrets. You could even have things like docking bays where your ship could repair and restock. And destroying a docking bay makes the enemy unable to use it.
Nomadic

Postby jftsang » Thu Aug 16, 2007 7:24 am

My request: to have ships keep their damage when they finish the mission, and for money to be required to buy more missiles and to repair after a mission.
jftsang

Postby Fighter_Ace » Tue Nov 20, 2007 11:01 pm

Fighter_Ace

Postby BlueSmirnoff » Fri Nov 30, 2007 3:01 pm

I to prefered the original v 1.0 for gameplay, though lack of customised ships, and ability to sell off current ships was a glaring omission, but I found it more fun to have fights against lots of little ships and maybe 1 or 2 bigger ships, the poor little cheap, fast, manoeverable fighters now are obsolete after the 1st 2 missions now, they need to boost the price of the bigger and more advanced ships alot more, reduce the cost of smaller ships and allow bigger squadrons. Radar range is also a bit too extreme.

I'd love to see a long range anti radar missile, for targeting enemy scouts (locks onto the strongest radar emiter), chaff dispencer module, 1 use every 5 turns, but has a high chance of being targeted by missiles, but reveals your position to the other side as a big radar blip.

Mines and anti-missile missiles sound fun, but I think would change the gameplay loads, making it alot less fun, but maybe worth an experiment.

What I'd really love to see though was a campaign mode, where you fight over systems in a strategy game, capturing factory systems, resource gathering systems, etc, which in turn allow you to build ships, research better technology/ship designs, to aid your fight. when a conflict comes up you get one of the good old missions we all know, but this would give success or failure a meaning that we will feel, with Sean's previous strategy games, I'm surprised he's never gone for this, though it is alot of work I'm sure.

I have to say, the games are still great, which is amazing as I 1st played CM in 1996/7, CM and Slay I have never got bored of !
BlueSmirnoff

Postby Jonkenden » Thu Jan 03, 2008 12:31 pm

Jonkenden

Postby Conzul » Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:15 pm

Beware pirates bearing gifts!
Conzul

PreviousNext

Return to Critical Mass