[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Another Harrowing Moment

Another Harrowing Moment

Command a squadron of spaceships

Another Harrowing Moment

Postby Legacy » Tue Jul 24, 2007 5:09 am

I held on as long as I could, mixing it up in the center of a fiery dogfight in a ship designed for assaulting static and slow moving targets. I even sent a handful of the Zyan trash to their graves, but between a volley of Geenees launched by a well concealed enemy and the prospects of up to three Plectrons fired directly into my rear, I was forced to pull the yellow lever. I watched as my pod narrowly dodged the remnants of the missiles destroying my own ship, then as it squeezed by the swarm launched by my allies into the hostile fleet, and finally the pod raced in towards a ring of turrets, coming within pixels of a dozen or more Plectron and Drachan missiles coming at it, while Daycorns, Oriks, and Plectrons filtered in. Just as I thought luck would have to falter, the hyperdrive kicked in and missiles sliced through the green mist in my wake.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!
Legacy

Postby Bardash Blackridge » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:53 am

I don't know what puts me at the edge of my seat more. Having my escape pod fly through a field of missles in the middle of a large scale battle or thinking to myself that my ship can take one more shot as a plectron threatens the existence of yet another one of my commanders.

Good to see that your commander gets to live another day!
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. ---H. P. Lovecraft
Bardash Blackridge

Postby Legacy » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:55 am

Legacy

Postby Fusion_power » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:08 am

Fusion_power

Postby Legacy » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:42 am

Legacy

Postby Bardash Blackridge » Thu Jul 26, 2007 4:41 am

We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. ---H. P. Lovecraft
Bardash Blackridge

Postby Old Man Johnson » Thu Jul 26, 2007 5:52 am

My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Nomadic » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:44 am

Nomadic

Return to Critical Mass