Wish List

Real time World War II combat simulation
JeanBoule

Wish List.

Post by JeanBoule » Wed May 16, 2007 12:44 pm

TheKangaroo wrote:Hm, I was just thinking maybe there could be a new mission type as a sub-type of assault being 'Part of grand offensive' in which the player is meant to command his company in a section of a larger battle .

This was suggested in relation to game sound. I think it would also be desireable for more variety, and to stop players from using the easy strategy of hooking around either flank to avoid most of the enemy. If the player got too far ahed of their flanking friendlies, they would be walloped with something nasty from off the map!
Voila du boudin!

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Wed May 16, 2007 4:04 pm

JeanBoule wrote:Easy deployment Method please.

Defence is OK, there are usually fewer units and the spots picked make some sense to me.

When attacking, There are usually more units. I find the default layout is a pain, my finger gets tired dragging units all over the map.

If I have say 9 inf squads, I put them in clusters of 3 in numeric order, so during the game I can cycle thru them with at least a rough idea where they will be. I like to start with 1,2, and 3rd on the left, and so on. The game starts with 1 on the far left and 2 on the far right.

suggestion. deploy by clicking the squad on the table, and then clicking on the map where u want them to be.

I second that!
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

crash_sc

Post by crash_sc » Fri May 18, 2007 10:25 pm

As I sit here playing through a Russian campaign, I'm wishing my T34 wasn't afraid of a halftrack. Could there be someway to make armored vehicles recognize that other armor, without heavy weaponry, cannot hurt them?

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Fri May 18, 2007 11:17 pm

Maybe it's afraid the German halftrack driver has had a little too much beer?

crash_sc

Post by crash_sc » Fri May 18, 2007 11:34 pm

:lol:

It was kinda funny really. There was a halftrack out in the open, and my T34 refused to come out of the woods and take a shot at it.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sat May 19, 2007 6:15 am

crash_sc wrote::lol:

It was kinda funny really. There was a halftrack out in the open, and my T34 refused to come out of the woods and take a shot at it.

A true sportsman then?

Garwahl

Post by Garwahl » Sat May 19, 2007 6:24 pm

I think it'd be nice to be able to set "credit limits" for the computer and you on custom games. I just want utter chaos in masses of numbers on both sides. >_>

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Sat May 19, 2007 11:13 pm

On an ultrasmall map that puts your forces starting points within pistol or SMG firing distance of each other!

Dunkirk

Post by Dunkirk » Mon Jun 25, 2007 6:14 am

I don't know if this has already been suggested, but I would like the ability to force armor and field guns to fire where I direct. Too often, I will manually targete my guns, only to find them turning away and selecting another target on their own. Incredibly, I have had field guns fixate on some poor, wounded infantryman, lying immobilized in the open, while armor and other such units approach.

Though they are undseen on the screen, I can tell where they are by their muzzle flashes. Often however, gun crews simply refuse to fire where I point them, instead training their shots on the wounded man in the open. "out of sight, out of mind" I guess.

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Thu Jun 28, 2007 7:14 pm

Adding that often-requested 'hold fire'-switch might solve that as the crew won't engage a target of opportunity anymore.

jftsang

Post by jftsang » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:20 pm

A request: MULTIPLAYER!!!

Also, put in civilian units that occupy farms and villages, if you are to defend a farm or village you get them on your side but if too many of them die then your troops lose morale and/or your rating goes down.

Dunkirk

Post by Dunkirk » Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:54 pm

Also, it would be interesting to see how many surrenders a particular unit caused/received. On occasion, later in a battle, a unit can sweep out and contact injured/demoralized enemies, and they will surrender.

This is just as valuable as killing the enemy.

It would be good to be able to see this statistic in the unit status window, at the end, that shows who died, who lived, and what damage they did.

Germany_Fan

Post by Germany_Fan » Thu Aug 02, 2007 10:22 am

Dunkirk wrote:Also, it would be interesting to see how many surrenders a particular unit caused/received. On occasion, later in a battle, a unit can sweep out and contact injured/demoralized enemies, and they will surrender.

This is just as valuable as killing the enemy.

It would be good to be able to see this statistic in the unit status window, at the end, that shows who died, who lived, and what damage they did.

The top yes, but the bottom part u already can view that.

Fultron

additions

Post by Fultron » Sat Sep 22, 2007 2:13 am

Well, I've played the demo for a long time, and decided it was finally time to buy the full version and of course I am amazed, excellent game. So, anyway, I figured I would post what I would like to see in the game. Lots of ideas and suggestions, some of which others also want.

-Entrenchments (Foxholes, Wire, Sandbags, Purchasable bunkers placed before starting a scenario. Tank Traps to funnel armor into ambushes and keep them off your infantry in a defense scenario. Foxholes could be dug by regular infantry at any time.)

-Engineer units to lay tank traps, wire and/or mines.

-Medics for wounded troops to bring them back to fighting status. Maybe medical Jeeps/Kubelwagons for faster medical support.

-Sniper unit, maybe attached to the recon squads. Provides extra spotting distance and deadly fire support, but have a lengthy time between firing, and not particularly tough. Very poor at close range. This would make recon squads much more effective and worthwhile.

-Halftracks or Bren Carriers troops could ride in.

-Air support for strafing runs or knocking out armor.

-Weather Conditions such as Rain, Snow, or Fog.

-Maybe some different or multiple objectives. Taking and holding a bridge, ambushing a convoy, searching and destroying enemy ackack. Cutting supply lines.

and of course what others suggested, a No Fire Command is essential, Multiplayer would be a blast, and maybe a bit more info on the status of your armor.

crash_sc

Post by crash_sc » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:36 pm

Just the other day I was thinking about how nice it would be to be able to purchase static units like barbed wire and pill boxes. The pill box would just be a non-mobile HMG with more ammo, and it would be harder to suppress.