narnia

Anything else! Ideas for new games, gossip, chat, jokes etc...

grade the movie narinia

A
41%
B
29%
C
No votes
D
12%
F
18%

Total votes: 17

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:31 pm

pedroski wrote:Whats so terrible about the "Narnia people"?

You have to read the books to get the meaning and you still might not get it.

Well, Tolkien never agreed with Lewis's use of Greek mythology symbols to represent the gospel story.

Tolkien, on the other hand, fabricated his symbols when retelling Biblical morals in story form.

They actually spent a great deal of time discussing and arguing these points.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:49 pm

You know Lord of the Rings seems to represent ww2 or ww2 and cold war more than the gospel.

For example The evil is like Germany and to the rest of the peaceful world it's a great threat rising up or.

Sauruman is Germany and Suaron Is Russia in the cold war.

You see Tolkien was alive during the wars and as any Englishman would feel the rising threat.

This is just a possibility so I won't argue my point any further.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:38 pm

pedroski wrote:You know Lord of the Rings seems to represent ww2 or ww2 and cold war more than the gospel.

For example The evil is like Germany and to the rest of the peaceful world it's a great threat rising up or.

Sauruman is Germany and Suaron Is Russia in the cold war.

You see Tolkien was alive during the wars and as any Englishman would feel the rising threat.

This is just a possibility so I won't argue my point any further.

You are correct. Tolkien's work conveyed moral lessons, based on biblical teachings, in a setting that could not have been inspired by anything less than the war.

Narnia, however, is fashioned around a basic outline of the gospels.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Germany_Fan

Post by Germany_Fan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:21 pm

Legacy wrote:
Germany_Fan wrote:Man I would like the carnage if those Narnia people with swords and things charged against 4000 Russians with AK 47's. Or if they attacked a LoTR Gondorian army. With Elven archers.

There would be something terribly ironic about Narnian forces combating constructs of Tolkien's Middle Earth...

What do you mean by that? Currently directing yet another Blitzkrieg against France and Russia.
I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein, on the nuclear bomb.

Germany_Fan

Post by Germany_Fan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:24 pm

Sauron seems more like Nazi Germany and Saruman Italy. And then Sauron becomes Stalin-like. Gondor looks like Britain and Rohan, hmm America?
I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein, on the nuclear bomb.