I didn't know this was possible

Command a squadron of spaceships
Garwahl

Post by Garwahl » Mon May 14, 2007 9:40 pm

I like to use 55 credit ships... as cannon fodder. :D

But anywho...
It was strange, I read this topic a while ago, and yesterday I decided to play Critical Mass after playing Firefight for some ungodly amount of times, thinking about the whole one hit KO on a fully shielded ship thing. Guess what happens on the first missile that hits me? That's right. Boom! HEADSHOT! I think you cursed me. :P I didn't think I would be unlucky enough for that to happen to me. :(

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue May 15, 2007 2:46 am

There's a 40 credit ship I fly once in a while when I'm feeling brave. Good way to get medals.
"Every man is my superior in that I may learn from him."

Don't take life too seriously, you won't make it out alive!

Nomadic

Post by Nomadic » Tue Aug 07, 2007 5:02 am

I bet your commander really hates you toying with his life like that :P

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue Nov 11, 2008 12:23 am

umeboshi110 wrote:really? i like 180ish credit guys. i don't see how you can make use of 55 credit ships, unless you like the thrill or something

I know this is a dead topic, but I just came out of a mission where three out of four of my wingmates all got significant hits on enemy targets, and two survived.

The survivors were flying my 55 credit mini stealth fighter. It turns on a dime and has enough Daycorns to slake off some enemy armor for my Plectrons to have a clear shot at their innards.

Conzul

Post by Conzul » Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:13 pm

Yes, it is possible to make an excellent ship for friendly AI to pwn with at under 80 creds each. The trick is side engines/side armor. About the ancient start of this post, I have had the same thing happen to me on MULTIPLE occasions. Funny how that never happs to the enemy.
Beware pirates bearing gifts!

JoystickHero

Post by JoystickHero » Thu Nov 27, 2008 6:58 am

Fusion_power

Post by Fusion_power » Mon Dec 08, 2008 4:48 am

I just had something happen that I've never seen before. I went head to head with an enemy ship and fired 1 daycorn and 2 plectrons. The enemy ship fired something similar and we wiped each other out head to head. It was very odd to see two ships disintegrate face to face.

DarJones

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Mon Dec 15, 2008 10:48 pm

That happened to me once, too. But it wasn't nearly as odd as when I ejected, my escape pod bounced into an enemy's escape pod and pushed the latter into the path of a missile.

Legacy

Post by Legacy » Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:55 am

TheKangaroo wrote:That happened to me once, too. But it wasn't nearly as odd as when I ejected, my escape pod bounced into an enemy's escape pod and pushed the latter into the path of a missile.

Or as when the same thing happened to me, except I was the one pushed into a missile, and I bounced off a friendly escape pod.