Polish

Real time World War II combat simulation
pedroski

Polish

Post by pedroski » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:15 pm

I made some Polish units.

2 infantry sections raw and regular both have lower than average ammo supply.

An armored car that is supposed to be a polish car that was turned into a fighting vehicle.

I copied 2 Russian anti tank guns and changed nationality to Polish

A Polish ant tank squad.

Polish HQ

I also copied the men graphics from other countries and used the rotate program to make them all be gray. As the Polish resistance would have no uniforms.

The two letter name for Polish is "po"

But would the Polish have any tanks?

I will read some things and find out what their campaign should be. Is there any more units I need to make? I don't think the Polish had very much of the armory that the other nations had. Mabye I should give the ma halftrack?

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Tue Aug 07, 2007 3:42 pm

if they did there sure werent many...

if i remember right when germany hit them
the bulk of thier forces were still on horse back.
if you run..you'll only die tired

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Tue Aug 07, 2007 4:34 pm

Yes thats right. They charged with cavalry like they did so many years ago when they had victory. The Germans beat the cavalry.

But in firefight I can make cavalry and if I could it would be weird and wouldn't quite work.

sid6.7

Post by sid6.7 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:23 am

this might help even if its black and white photos

http://mailer.fsu.edu/~akirk/tanks/pol/OtherPolish.htm
if you run..you'll only die tired

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:41 pm

Thanks I'll probably make some more vehicles.

jftsang

Post by jftsang » Mon Aug 13, 2007 9:40 am

Poland didn't have any tanks or artillery, they just had horses...

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:11 pm

they just had horses...

Ouch, that sounds a bit devastating. They after all also had an air force. (Yea, I know that is quite irrelevant to Firefight, but still I thought I'd mention)

Germany_Fan

Post by Germany_Fan » Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:01 pm

jftsang wrote:Poland didn't have any tanks or artillery, they just had horses...

Tosh. The Polish had the 6-Ton Tank (7 tons by the way) and they had artillery, but very light artillery.
I know not what World War 3 will be fought with, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones. Albert Einstein, on the nuclear bomb.

Andy

Post by Andy » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:48 pm

TheKangaroo wrote:
they just had horses...

Ouch, that sounds a bit devastating. They after all also had an air force. (Yea, I know that is quite irrelevant to Firefight, but still I thought I'd mention)

yeah they didnt have anything modern, especially by the standards the Nazis set, but the pilot that managed to escape to blighty were helluv good going off the standard impression left in all histories.
________
no2 vaporizer review
Last edited by Andy on Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bart

Post by Bart » Sun Aug 26, 2007 6:25 pm

The Polish tanks and aircraft were by no means modern, but they weren't nonexistent. The Polish light tanks (7TP) were probably better than the Panzer I and Panzer II. The Polish fighters weren't modern, but the PZL.37 light bomber was possibly the best light bomber in Europe in 1939. Also, the Polish pilots were the world's best-trained. The top-scoring ace in the Battle of Britain was a Czech pilot who had been in the Polish Air Force prior to the invasion.
The Polish cavalry were also better than they seem at first glance. Polish cavalry were used as elite troops, as a sort of mounted infantry. In 1939, Germany also used cavalry in that same way. When they attacked tanks, the cavalry used anti-tank rifles, not sabers.

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Mon Aug 27, 2007 1:21 pm

When they rushed the German tanks they still got beat though.

usmc61

Post by usmc61 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 2:03 am

The Poles had cossack-like cavalry. To combat the blitzkrieg, they would have mass cavalry charges against the tanks. Surprisingly, these sometimes went pretty well. I believe they had a few tanks, most likely WW1 era tanls though.

Ezekiel

Post by Ezekiel » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:37 pm

WW1 tanks?thats sad.Wow... the polish must have been poor.The polish are odviously richer now.

It reminds me of how the in WW2 the chinese had WW1 aircraft...

TheKangaroo

Post by TheKangaroo » Sun Feb 24, 2008 1:47 pm

That just reminded me of an account by one of the Russian 'instructors' sent to North Korea during the Korean War I once read. Very interesting in its own right, by the way, but along other things he said the Chinese aviators weren't top notch due to the fact that until a day before they sat at the controls of the most modern and powerful fighter jet of its age most of them had never seen an airplane at all.

Zenji.yamada.nihon

Polish Campaign

Post by Zenji.yamada.nihon » Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:44 pm

I made Polish campaign:
1/SEP/1939, GERMAN, DEFEND, COUNTRY_POLAND, TERRAIN_FORESTS
12/SEP/1939, GERMAN, ATTACK, COUNTRY_POLAND, TERRAIN_VILLAGES
17/SEP/1939, RUSSIAN, DEFEND, COUNTRY_POLAND, TERRAIN_FORESTS

But there isn't Poland as a country. I think that Poland did more things until WWII than, in example Netherlands (Polish forces defended Poland for 5 weeks; Dutch forces defended their country for 6 days).