[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - My favourite custom ships

My favourite custom ships

Command a squadron of spaceships

My favourite custom ships

Postby Im1985 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:05 pm

As you can probably tell, I'm not that great at visual design, but these are some of my favourite custom ships in terms of functionality.

The Skeleton Key does pretty much what it says - an all round ship that's great as a dogfighter as well as a bomber, has a high repair stations to components ratio (so very survivable), can turn pretty quick, has some stealth, and is still only 111. I've had it available on some 1st missions. Skeleton Key X is just the upgrade, with another missile tube and a bit more shielding and radar.

Genghis is easily my favourite ship. The design might make more sense if you knew it was originally called Swivel. It's main weakness is relative lack of rear shielding, but with a 72 degrees turning ability, it doesn't often get hit by chasing ships. It's another ship that can do pretty much anything. I've often flown this ship, had all my wingmates die, and then wiped out the entire enemy squadron on my own. It has upgrades - Genghis Returns, Genghis' Revenge, and Genghis Armageddon, but they're just the same ship with more shielding. Again relatively cheap for the firepower you get.

Spot was my answer to the Drone. What's the point of having a ship with no radar, and then giving it plectrons? Spot can actually turn fairly well (51) and is fast enough to give chase to anything that catches its eye before ramming a couple of daycorns up its tailpipe. It's never going to kill anything for you, but I don't think I've had it on a mission where it hasn't scored at least a couple of hits on some enemy's backside. Very useful when you've got a spare 33 money and don't know what to do with it!
Im1985

Postby sid6.7 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:15 pm

the genghis looks wicked....
sid6.7

Postby Old Man Johnson » Sat Aug 25, 2007 6:44 pm

I know, that is one seriously tight-looking ship. The skeleton key ain't half bad either.
My webcomic:
Old Man Johnson

Postby Fusion_power » Sat Aug 25, 2007 10:12 pm

Genghis has a radar problem.

Fusion
Fusion_power

Postby Bardash Blackridge » Sun Aug 26, 2007 5:27 am

I think my favorite ship out of your designs is the Genghis. It is a heck of a cool looking ship.
We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far. ---H. P. Lovecraft
Bardash Blackridge

Postby Im1985 » Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:49 am

Im1985

Postby Fusion_power » Sun Aug 26, 2007 1:40 pm

Fusion_power

Return to Critical Mass