[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4762: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4764: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4765: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4766: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Sean O'Connor's Games • View topic - Cant start the demo

Cant start the demo

Real time World War II combat simulation

Cant start the demo

Postby JamesL » Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:16 pm

Just downloaded the demo of 4.0 and it wont start. I keep getting a message box informing me I need 64mb of ram for the 16 bit colour i'm running which is puzzling as I've got 512mb ram!

I've got the full version of 2.0 that I bought off Matrix in '04 and this works fine. Can you help as I cant wait to try out the new improved 4.0!
JamesL

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:37 am

Could you try running the game just after rebooting Windows so nothing else is eating up your memory?
Sean OConnor

Postby JamesL » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:04 pm

I have done that and closed down everything running apart from systray & explorer with task manager. I'm running winMe, could that be the problem?
JamesL

Postby Fuzzy Wonky » Wed Jul 05, 2006 11:38 pm

Just the same for me with the full game (Windows 98, 3D Woodoo Graphic card, 256Mb RAM)... :cry: :cry:
-- --
Fuzzy Wonky

Postby kirbykern » Fri Jul 07, 2006 7:52 pm

:( Same here.

I have 128M and am running at 16 bit color. Win98SE. Pentium 2.
kirbykern

Postby kirbykern » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:15 pm

Still waiting for an answer to this one, please.

This is holding up my purchase of this otherwise fine product.
kirbykern

Postby Sean OConnor » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:26 am

I'm sorry but I don't think there's a workaround for this. If you've tried dropping your colour depth to 16bit and run the game after a fresh reboot and you don't have lots of memory hungry programs running in the background (like Skype) then there's nothing else I can think of.

I upped the memory requirements for version 4.0 over version 2.0 to create bigger map sizes as computers tend to have a lot more memory these days. If you've got a Pentium 2 with Windows 98 and have 128MB RAM it sounds like your computer is fairly old and just isn't going to be able to run Firefight. Sorry!
Sean OConnor

Postby chips » Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:43 pm

chips

Postby pokeman7452 » Mon Nov 06, 2006 5:18 pm

I have 1GB of ram with 500MB free but I can't play it with 32 bit color. Can you make the low memory message a suggestion to turn down your color and not quit the game? Maybe stick in a "Continue Anyway" button.
pokeman7452

Postby chino » Sat Nov 18, 2006 11:48 pm

chino

Postby qwas » Mon Nov 20, 2006 5:15 pm

It happens rarely for me, but its still very annoying. I'm on Win XP Pro with Pentium 4 and 512 MB running on 32 Bit, it works if I turn down the colour, though.
Proud member of Seans forum since 14th April 2005. 1 year and still counting.
Now to spam those 30 messages to get into 3rd place in post count. :D

I'd like to buy your soul please.
http://www.mindistortion.net/iwantyours ... lex_Rider2
qwas

game...

Postby chino » Mon Nov 20, 2006 9:56 pm

You can turn the color back up once the game has loaded.....
chino

Postby kirbykern » Fri Aug 31, 2007 5:32 pm

kirbykern

Return to Firefight