Page 11 of 12

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 8:39 am
by shrike
The idea of a large warship would also be made more viable if on, lets call them "capital" class ships, missiles fired directly from the side the missile tube was on, as opposed to the direction the ship was facing.


It would be awesome to see two capital ships like that broadside each other.

Posted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 4:27 pm
by the space predator
Only by adding this class, we can have a lot of new mission.

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:16 am
by Legacy
shrike wrote:The idea of a large warship would also be made more viable if on, lets call them "capital" class ships, missiles fired directly from the side the missile tube was on, as opposed to the direction the ship was facing.


It would be awesome to see two capital ships like that broadside each other.
And have extremely fortified starbases and defensive turrets that could fire in any direction...

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:45 am
by the space predator
Legacy wrote:
shrike wrote:The idea of a large warship would also be made more viable if on, lets call them "capital" class ships, missiles fired directly from the side the missile tube was on, as opposed to the direction the ship was facing.


It would be awesome to see two capital ships like that broadside each other.
And have extremely fortified starbases and defensive turrets that could fire in any direction...
extremly fortified starbase whit defend system ok, but turret, they are ok as they are.

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:39 pm
by Legacy
I wouldn't mind a new class of ultra-heavy turrets. Call them defensive stations or something.

Posted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:55 pm
by the space predator
Legacy wrote:I wouldn't mind a new class of ultra-heavy turrets. Call them defensive stations or something.
I prefer that

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 1:20 am
by Fusion_power
Tell me what you would like these ultra turrets to look like?

One option I have is to modify the existing turrets so they are much much harder to kill. Lets say they have 6 missile launchers, beefed up radar to detect ships with lots of stealth, and tons of shields.

DarJones

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 3:55 am
by Legacy
Fusion_power wrote:Tell me what you would like these ultra turrets to look like?

One option I have is to modify the existing turrets so they are much much harder to kill. Lets say they have 6 missile launchers, beefed up radar to detect ships with lots of stealth, and tons of shields.

DarJones
The big thing would be, if a cruiser class of ship allowed directional firing, to make a turret that couldn't be sneaked up on, and instead would require a toe to toe slugfest or many glancing attack passes with guided missiles to wear them down without getting fragged.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:59 am
by Fusion_power
I just put 2 radars per side on the super turrets and played a few rounds. WOW does it ever change the dynamics of the game. I am flying a super stealth ship that is virtually invisible to normal turrets. now the super turrets can see me and do their best to blast me out of space.

DarJones

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:42 pm
by shrike
One of the keys to any of these "ultra heavies" being viable is having a vastly expanded payload capacity. 45 missiles is likely to simply not be enough for ships/stations/turrets that can deliver and absorb that degree of punishment.

Posted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:32 pm
by the space predator
shrike wrote:One of the keys to any of these "ultra heavies" being viable is having a vastly expanded payload capacity. 45 missiles is likely to simply not be enough for ships/stations/turrets that can deliver and absorb that degree of punishment.
45 missile minimum.

Posted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:06 am
by Legacy
the space predator wrote:
shrike wrote:One of the keys to any of these "ultra heavies" being viable is having a vastly expanded payload capacity. 45 missiles is likely to simply not be enough for ships/stations/turrets that can deliver and absorb that degree of punishment.
45 missile minimum.
Aye, often I've resorted to simply drawing the fire of turrets in order to deplete them of missiles before finishing them off. Sometimes, I've even managed to use their missiles to kill other enemy units once I've run out of my own, but the AI is pretty good about not shooting when it's facing one of its own(you know, except the AI when it's controlling our wingmates, who seem to have a fetish for friendly fire).

Posted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:20 am
by the space predator
So, super turret need a better AI

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 7:26 am
by shrike
It would be nice if there was an option that allowed you to play the game while in full control of your entire squad, rather than just your ship.

Of course, the current, traditional playstyle should be retained if desired as well.

Posted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:38 pm
by the space predator
oh yeah, the entire squad! it's turn by turn, so, it will be possible.